Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-31-2022, 11:47 PM   #71
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This line is pretty impressive if you ask me. I particularly love the poses that they've chosen for each character. Very iconic and some of the best I've seen.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:43 AM   #72
CrocodileRock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't get all the praise Iron Studios gets, but I get it even less the good reviews for this line. First, they are overpriced as hell, as everything they do. 150 for a 1/10 piece is something I thought I would never see, yet here we are. For someone to have the complete set they'll have to pay a disgusting amount of money. But okay, the world we live in, right?

Then the looks of the figures, they are small, so they get away with some things that other companies with a bigger scale wouldn't. That is, although the bodies are nicely sculpted, most of the faces are really bad, Aragorn looks awful, sure let's cover his face with hair. Legolas could be any elf in the middle earth, sure let's put his bow string strategically to cover that too. Also Pippin and Merry, they look nothing like the actors. Frodo in Moria is really off too, in the nazgul set was better, but cape is the wrong one. Sam is okey at best, but he is the best of the set probably, which doesn't speak well of the rest.

Just to finish the complaints, Gimli, probably one of the easiest characters to nail in the world has a face that is more human than dwarf, it's strange, but just with the nose and eyes they managed to completely ruin it.

Saruman is fantastic for I can see. No complaints here. I like the flow and face is spot on. His grey friend/foe wasn't so lucky tho.

Anyway I hope I doesn't hurt anyone(who has bought all of these) feelings but come on, we have to demand at least good likeness when they charge this price. And yes it's posible to have it even in smaller scales, kotobukiya, figuarts, diamond, toybiz or even the same Iron Studios in other franchises did it pretty well, or at least better.
CrocodileRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:13 PM   #73
Mister H
Gen 13

These are good. Expensive for such a small scale but good. I'm going to stick with 1/6 scale statues and busts though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:52 PM   #74
grphyx1
Kingpin

This 1:1 of Gandalf was amazing

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote