Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 05-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #21
gscomicfest
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

JIM CALAFIORE COMES TO GSCF

GSCF is proud to welcome Jim Calafiore to Garden State Comic Fest this July 25-26th at the Mennen Arena in Morristown NJ
In his 26 years working in comics, Jim has spent extended time at Valiant, DC Comics and Marvel Comics (comic), notably on Peter David's Aquaman, Judd Winnick's EXILES, GOTHAM UNDERGROUND, various Batman books, and an extended run on the critically acclaimed SECRET SIX, with Gail Simone. In 2013 they reunited for their creator-owned LEAVING MEGALOPOLIS. After his recent run on DC's Red Lantern Corps with Charles Soule, he and Gail are currently working on volume 2 of LEAVING MEGALOPOLIS.
‪#‎DC_COMICS‬ ‪#‎Marvel‬ ‪#‎Valiant‬ ‪#‎Aquaman‬ ‪#‎Batman‬ ‪#‎Megalopolis
gscomicfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #22
gscomicfest

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

GSCF would like to wish all the Moms, soon to be Moms, and to the ones that raised us and showed us what a mother's love is, a very Happy Mother's Day!!
" A Mother is someone who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can ever take."
Old 05-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #23
gscomicfest

Post LARRY HAMA IS COMING TO GSCF!!

GSCF is proud to welcome Larry Hama to Garden State Comic Fest!!
Hama is best known as writer of the Marvel Comics licensed series G.I. Joe, based on the Hasbro line of military action figures. Hama said in a 2006 interview that he was given the job by then editor-in-chief Jim Shooter after every other writer at Marvel had turned it down. Hama at the time had recently pitched a Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off series, Fury Force, about a special mission force. Hama used this concept as the back-story for G.I. Joe. He included military terms and strategies, Eastern philosophy, martial arts and historical references from his own background. The comic ran 155 issues (February 1982-October 1994).
Hama also wrote the majority of the G.I. Joe action figures' file cards—short biographical sketches designed to be clipped from the G.I. Joe and Cobra cardboard packaging. In 2007 these filecards were reprinted in the retro packaging for the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero 25th Anniversary line
In 2006, Hama returned to his signature characters with the Devils Due Publishing miniseries G.I. Joe Declassified, which chronicled the recruitment of the squad's first members by General Hawk. In 2007, the company added the spin-off series Storm Shadow, written by Hama and penciled by Mark A. Robinson, which ceased publication with issue 7.[14]
In December 2007, Hasbro released 25th-anniversary comic-book figure two-packs that featured original stories by Hama. These new Hasbro-published issues were designed to take place in-between the panels of the Marvel series.
In September 2008, IDW announced a new line of G.I. Joe comics with one series, G.I. Joe Origins, to be primarily written by Hama. He wrote the first 5 issues, as the series was originally intended to be a miniseries, and returned to write four more issues (including #19, which was a Snake-Eyes "silent issue") over the course of the book's 21-issue run. IDW later revived the Marvel Comics continuity with Hama taking the helm of a new ongoing series picking up where the Marvel series left off with issue #155 ½ and continues to date.

He has also written for the series Wolverine, Nth Man: the Ultimate Ninja, Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, Punisher, and Elektra.
Larry also created the character Bucky O'Hare, which was developed into a comic book, a toy line and television cartoon in its own right.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #24
gscomicfest

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

On this Memorial Day please remember to take a moment to remember all those who have served and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Their bravery and dedication deserve our thanks and respect.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:26 PM   #25
gscomicfest

Erica Schultz Comes to GSCF

GSCF is proud to welcome back Erica Schultz to Garden State Comic Fest July 25-26th at the Mennen Arena Morristown.
Erica Schultz is the writer and co-creator of the award-winning, original comic book series, M3, along with legendary Jonah Hex artist, Vicente Alcázar. Last year, she wrote Marvel’s original graphic novel, Revenge: The Secret Origin of Emily Thorne, based on the hit ABC television show, Revenge, as well as the quirky, self-published one shot The Unauthorized Biography of Winston Churchill: A Documentary with artist Claire Connelly.
So far this year, Erica and Vicente wrapped up M3, with the volume 2 trade paperback due in stores in June 2015. She has also written a story in the upcomingSFX #1 anthology for Vertigo Comics, two one shot tie-ins for Gail Simone’s Swords of Sorrow crossover event (starting in May) with Dynamite Comics, and a story in Red Stylo Media’s 27 anthology (due out in October).
Erica has worked in the comic industry for more than six years and started as a digital artist, colorist, and animator on the Astonishing X-Men motion comic “Gifted” for Marvel Comics.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:42 PM   #26
gscomicfest

JAMES FRY IS BACK AT GSCF JULY 25-26th

GSCF is proud to announce James Fry is coming back to Garden State Comic Fest
Rocketed to Earth as an infant, James W. Fry escaped the destruction of his home planet and grew up in Brooklyn, NY. In 1984, seduced by the irresistible combination of monthly deadlines and stress-induced illnesses, Fry embarked on a career as a freelance illustrator. In that time, he has drawn for most of the major comics publishers in the US. His credits include THE LIBERTY PROJECT for Eclipse Comics, SLAPSTICK, SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP, X-Men Unlimited, X-FACTOR, AVENGERS WEST COAST ANNUAL, and Moon Knight for Marvel, STAR TREK, BIRDS OF PREY and BATMAN ADVENTURES for DC, NEW SHADOWHAWK for Image, ELVIRA for Claypool Comics and Sonic The Hedgehog for Archie. Fry's animation work includes storyboards for the ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2 and G.I.JOE NINJA BATTLES Direct-To-DVD feature films.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #27
gscomicfest

NEED A ROOM FOR GSCF

GSCF is proud to announce we have been able to secure room blocks at 3 of the best hotels in the area at great prices for our fans for our upcoming Garden State Comic Fest July 25-26th. All 3 hotels are beautiful and located within minutes of the Mennen Arena.
The hotels are as follows:
The Hanover Marriott
1401 Rt-10
Whippany, NJ
(973) 538-8811
Room Rate of $104

Candlewood Suites
100 Candlewood Dr.
Morris Plains, NJ
(973) 984-9960
(973) 295-5775
Room Rate of $76

Hyatt House™ Parsippany/Whippany
1 Ridgedale Ave. North
Whippany, NJ 07981
Room Rate of $99 for one bedroom king suites and $129 for two bedroom king suites.

If anyone needs or wants to stay in the area these are the 3 best hotels around just call them up, tell them you are with Garden State Comic Fest (GSCF) and mention the room rate.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #28
gscomicfest

SCOTT HANNA COMES TO GSCF JULY 25-26TH

GSCF is proud to welcome Scott Hanna to Garden State Comic Fest!!
A top inker in the graphic novel industry, Scott has been drawing and inking comic books for over 25 years. His work has been published in well over 100 graphic novels, and he’s inked more than 18,000 pages of graphic art.
At Marvel Comics, Scott’s worked on all the top characters at the company, including the Avengers, Spider-Man, Ironman, the X-Men, and the Hulk. He’s drawn Spider-Man for 15 years, working on almost every title starring the WebCrawler.
At DC Comics he worked on many of their major titles, most notably a five year run on Detective Comics starring Batman and Green Lantern Corps in the new 52.
Currently he is working on New Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Avengers Assemble for Marvel, and Futures End, New Suicide Squad, and Batman Eternal for DC.
Scott has received a total of 5 Inkwell Awards for “Favorite Inker”, “Most Adaptable Inker”, and “Props Award” from 2010-2012, the 2005 Wizard Fan Award for “Best Inker” and the 2002 Eisner award for “Best Serialized Story” - Amazing Spider-Man #30-35: “Coming Home”.
The Arts and Fashion Institute was co-founded by Scott with his wife, Pamela Ptak. He teaches classes in Sequential art, anatomy, cartooning, inking, and drawing.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #29
gscomicfest

NEAL ADAMS COMES TO GSCF JULY 25-26th in Morristown NJ

GSCF is proud to Welcome and Announce NEAL ADAMS is coming to Garden State Comic Fest July 25-26th at the Mennen Arena in Morristown! Neal had legendary ‘runs’ on Batman, X-Men, Green Lantern/Green Arrow and Deadman. Adams rescued Batman from the campy TV show, and transformed him into his present, “Avenger of the Night” persona. When people say ‘modern Batman,’ they mean Neal Adams’ Batman. His run led directly to the realistic incarnation seen in “Batman Returns”, and the “The Dark Knight” movies. Neal’s latest work includes, “Batman Odyssey” for DC, (a 13-issue series) is coming out in graphic novel form in the fall including both his writing and drawing.
The First X-Men, (a 5-issue series) for Marvel.
He is also writing and drawing an epic graphic novel, featuring his own character, “Blood”, that is being serialized in the “Dark Horse Presents” anthology monthly. (A movie deal on “Blood” is soon to be completed).

What others in the comic industry have said about Neal and his work:

“He revived Batman, saved the X-Men, challenged the system and changed comics forever.”
–Wizard Magazine

“Describe him in one word? Genius.”
– Joe Quesada, Editor in Chief, Marvel Comics.

“He’s a pivotal figure in the world of comics. He has positively altered the state, the ethical structure of the industry, and always for the better.”
--Harlan Ellison

“Adams transformed Batman into the sleek, brooding Dark Knight depicted onscreen for the past two decades.”
-Brian Lowry -- Variety

“Who is the greatest living comic book artist? As I’ve said before, my vote is for Neal Adams”- Geoff Boucher –LA Times
To Pre-Order Convention Commissions, please contact (Jason)
at Spyda@SpydaCreations.com
And be sure to check out the original art on http://www.nealadamsstore.com
Old 06-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #30
gscomicfest

SEAN VON GORMAN COMES BACK TO GSCF!

GSCF is proud to welcome back SEAN VON GORMAN to Garden State Comic Fest.
Sean is a NYC based Comics Illustrator & Writer. known for TOE TAG RIOT, SECRET ADVENTURES OF HOUDINI and his work for the Occupy Comics Anthology w/ such comics legends as Alan Moore, Mike Allred, David Mack.
His next project PAWN SHOP and Original Graphic Novel which he co-created with Joey Esposito will be released this fall through Z2 Comics.
In addition to his comics work, Sean is also a brilliant guerrilla marketer, who has been known to handcuff himself to things and escape straightjackets to promote his comics.
If you should meet Sean in person, approach carefully as he is very dangerous.