Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 11-06-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
stoods
Doh!

Delta airbrush kit

Hi all,
just want to know if anyone knows anything about the Delta airbrush kit w/compressor. The airbrush is duel action but the compressor has no tank, I can get one for $245aus, is this a good deal? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Stoods
stoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Never herd of delta. But duel action is what most use. My compressor is a automatic on/off and has no tank, but its quiet and works fine for what i do.

See thing is you need to find out is where you can get parts for the brush, like needles and tips etc...

badger. iwata are easier to get parts for.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
dechirico7
The Flash

Badger Crescendo 175 with a Sears Craftsman 3 gal. air compressor combo. Nice.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Tyz1on
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

As a hobby I do 1/35 scale military modeling and use my airbrush and compressor a lot. I chose, with no regrets, the following package deal:

Iwata High Performance Plus HP-C Plus
PN: 4004

••A practical choice for most airbrush uses

••Its larger 1/3 oz. (9 ml) gravity-feed cup and larger (0.3-mm) needle/nozzle configuration allow for use with most media

••An airbrush that does it all - from fine hairlines to finely atomized background spray, along with an entire range of stippling effects

••The gravity-feed cup is useful for mixing custom colors and allows for quick color changes

••Short paint passageway from the cup to the front of the airbrush gives it a responsive feel and allows it to be one of the quickest airbrushes in the industry

Compressor
Model TC-20T
Features:
• Powerful: At 1/5 Horsepower this unit delivers more Air Volume (CFM) and Air
• Pressure (PSI) than any airbrush demands.
• Portable: Light-Weight, Compact and are Easy to Carry with the Built in Handle.
• Precise Air Adjustment: True Diaphragm Pressure Regulator with Gauge and Water
• Trap Filter that provides precise adjustment of airflow and will ensure clean, dry air.
• Automatic On/Off Shutoff: Preset for automatic turn off when air tank reaches 60
• PSI. Preset for automatic turn on when air tank pressure is below 35 PSI. This
• enables a longer compressor life from less motor wear and heat-related moisture.
• Constant Pressure and Zero Pulsation: Air is drawn from the large air storage tank
• providing you a constant regulated pressure. There's zero pulsation because air is
• drawn from the tank which eliminates any pulsation effect from the pistons.
• "Air-On-Demand": Designed to work only when you do, produces air on demand at
• the your regulated pressure.
• Thermally Protected: Automatically turns itself off if the unit becomes over heated.
• Maintenance Free: Oil-less Piston Motor
• Low Noise: Very Quiet Operation, only 59 db.
• Full 2-Year Warranty, so you can be assured of Quality and Reliability.

It's a fantastic combo that I got at TCP Global for 289.98. It also came with the air hose.

The compressor is amazingly quiet. I went from a C&H and the new one sounds like a cat purring in comparison.
Tyz1on is offline   Reply With Quote