Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #11
Comicboy
Deadman

Here's the thing that bugged me..... ok so Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui Gon and Anakin all know the secret. At the end of ROTJ you see Yoda, Obi and Anakin but no Qui, why not? They changed the ending in the special edition to reflect Anakin, changing to a younger version, why not add in Qui? And why is it that Mace, arguably the strongest of the Jedi, doesn't know?
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #12
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy View Post
He didn't, but he dies so it's a natural progression. The only thing spoken about it is when Yoda is talking to Obi-Wan before he ships him off to Tattoine to watch over baby Luke.
I just don't like variants for the sake of variants, just like those b&w maquettes.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #13
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

that's the problem with making movie prequels....new stuff gets added in and oh what the heck, it's Lucas' fault...who knows, maybe he'll release a new ROTJ dvd with Qui added at the spirit scene...
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
The Dark Side
Death is hereditary.

Isn't there a site that still argue that Mace Windu survived the fall? What about all the other Jedi?
The Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #15
darthmatrix
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy View Post
Here's the thing that bugged me..... ok so Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui Gon and Anakin all know the secret. At the end of ROTJ you see Yoda, Obi and Anakin but no Qui, why not? They changed the ending in the special edition to reflect Anakin, changing to a younger version, why not add in Qui? And why is it that Mace, arguably the strongest of the Jedi, doesn't know?

Qui gon didnt now how to bond his physical being to the force over time Yoda and Ben learned it. When Anakin died they help him bond his spirit to the force.

mace didnt know cause no one thought it possible
darthmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
The Dark Side
Death is hereditary.

I would love to see more creature bust & statues i.e: Jabba place, Tatooine cantina, Kaminoan, and all the other Jedi. AT-AT Driver, Hoth Snowtroopers, I could go on all night.
The Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #17
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

He was supposed to appear as a blue force ghost in the movie. They filmed it and everything, but it got cut out. The scene where Obi Wan is talking to yoda about "a new discovery", thats what they are talking about.
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I remember hearing this bust wasn't going to be produced but I don't ever remember hearing why. Just like the Glow-Worm Yoda this would have been an easy pass for me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:00 AM   #19
Darth Mystery
Loki

Neeh, i'd pass on that one. A cut up Darth Maul would be nice though.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #20
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmatrix View Post
Qui gon didnt now how to bond his physical being to the force over time Yoda and Ben learned it. When Anakin died they help him bond his spirit to the force.

mace didnt know cause no one thought it possible

Actually he does learn to become "one with the force". He is the first to learn how to do it, and it is from his discovery that Yoda, and Obi Wan learn how to do it. If you read the novelization of EpIII, there is a scene where Yoda talks to Qui Gons ghost.
Personally I think it was a HUGE mistake to exclude this from the movie- it holds so much importance to the development of the character of Jinn, and explains why we only see a few ppl in the future who are able to retain their identities after death.
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote