Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #1141
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oooh, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I HATE when they give her white eyebrows.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:32 AM   #1142
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
Why do some artists give her black eyebrows, give her white eyebrows, the color of the eyebrows = color of the pubes, i am just saying.
Current outfit is great, but i am starting to see a disturbing trend of making female characters less sexy, which is a terrible trend.
What does this even mean? examples?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #1143
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Though, I actually love her new look too.

That's a very cool outfit. A little bit of tinkering to the gold and it makes a giant X on her body.

I think the look SS will most likely go for is the one below. Simple mix media cape with an X emblem(like new Emma Frost). She's showing some skin but not enough to give Disney a heart attack. The thigh high boots have texture, and we know all costumes must have a textured area these days. Plus the headdress is a throwback to classic X-Men.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #1144
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I think the look SS will most likely go for is the one below. Simple mix media cape with an X emblem(like new Emma Frost).
Could you please (or anyone else) show me some pictures of this new Emma Frost costume, I'm very interested and I've stopped reading comics for the moment. It would be very nice.
I try to search on Google but it's a very complicated research with a mix of old comics (even if I used the less than a month filter), cosplayer, statues and figures, fan art etc...

Thank you so much in advance.
Frayhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #1145
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
What does this even mean? examples?
We see less and less sexy outfits on females in comics and games.
For example, in Mortal Kombat every female revealed so far is wearing a full body suit, Storm is also in a full body suit, Pylocke, also in a full bodysuit, Emma Frost is now only showing her belly, the rest is covered.... Captain Marvel already was covered a while ago.

Its like sexy is being banished, whats wrong with showing skin of our beloved heroines.
A lot of Woman love being sexy, its a personality trait.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #1146
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
That's a very cool outfit. A little bit of tinkering to the gold and it makes a giant X on her body.

I think the look SS will most likely go for is the one below. Simple mix media cape with an X emblem(like new Emma Frost). She's showing some skin but not enough to give Disney a heart attack. The thigh high boots have texture, and we know all costumes must have a textured area these days. Plus the headdress is a throwback to classic X-Men.
I would dig that suit, but screw disney for banishing sexyness.
Liberals used to be the people that pushed for more sexual freedom and expression of sexuality, and now they cover women up because they adopted some strange old fashioned conservative views.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:10 PM   #1147
Foxgod
Justice League

By the way, besides Storm in a black outfit, i want a statue of this space kitty!
Lets make it happen, shes a true (non mutant) Xmen!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50773789_1983052491999030_3071308323502221130_n.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	121398  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #1148
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Why do some artists give her black eyebrows, give her white eyebrows, the color of the eyebrows = color of the pubes, i am just saying.
Current outfit is great, but i am starting to see a disturbing trend of making female characters less sexy, which is a terrible trend.
Eyebrows are often black despite hair color (white, yellow, red, etc.) to give expression to a character they may feel is lost with color.

My only guess on that is some people make the "realism" argument about costumes so design is traded for function. Personally I like costumes with tons of personalities or else they tend to look generic (see "X-Men" movie and black leather get ups).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #1149
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Could you please (or anyone else) show me some pictures of this new Emma Frost costume, I'm very interested and I've stopped reading comics for the moment. It would be very nice.
I try to search on Google but it's a very complicated research with a mix of old comics (even if I used the less than a month filter), cosplayer, statues and figures, fan art etc...

Thank you so much in advance.
I was referring to the new PF statue.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:28 PM   #1150
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I would dig that suit, but screw disney for banishing sexyness.
Liberals used to be the people that pushed for more sexual freedom and expression of sexuality, and now they cover women up because they adopted some strange old fashioned conservative views.
We've had this discussion here and admit it confuses me as well.

I think a lot of people want the world to conform to what they are comfortable with rather than allowing for plurality of interests. If someone says to me "I don't like Power Girl" that's fine, but to then move to "Power Girl should not exist" is a line I don't understand. There are plenty of comic characters I don't like so I don't support them. It is narcissistic to think all characters should be made for you so I focus on what I enjoy.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote