Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #31
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I never buy boxes or a case but I think I might have to in this case...this set is something very special and the trading card market hasnt seen anything like this since 1992, its nice to see my favorite set growing up come full circle again with another set that ill cherish for years to come
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #32
ALEX23
The Avengers

I feel you man! I love opening packs of cards though, takes me back to when I was a kid and my mom would get me a few packs at the grocery store every week. Ah memories!
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #33
hoodrob
Doh!

Are these out already?
hoodrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #34
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX23 View Post
I feel you man! I love opening packs of cards though, takes me back to when I was a kid and my mom would get me a few packs at the grocery store every week. Ah memories!
I love opening card packs too, thats a lot of the fun, seeing what will be in the pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodrob View Post
Are these out already?
no they are supposed to be out in november of this year
Old 09-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #35
Viper2005
Hellboy

This release has rekindled my interest in the Masterpieces cards. I dug out my old dusty binder from the 1992 series for the first time in over a decade. The art on the '92 series was amazing, looking forward to the new series which should be even more amazing as Jusko has more painting experience under his belt now.

So I went looking on ebay to see the pricing on the other series and it seems the '96 series (by Vallejo and Bell) is going for crazy crazy money even for the base cards! Why is the '96 set so expensive compared to the other series?
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #36
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
So I went looking on ebay to see the pricing on the other series and it seems the '96 series (by Vallejo and Bell) is going for crazy crazy money even for the base cards! Why is the '96 set so expensive compared to the other series?

There are several factors for the price. To my knowledge this set had an expensive price point to begin with when it was first solicited It cost round $5 a pack if I recall. Most packs you could get for around $2 so I think that turned off many dealers, especially since it was around this time the market was dying out. Basically because of that I think the set had a low print run compared to previous sets adding to its rareness. Probably a few other reasons as well but yeah, its a very hard to find set, I own literally own 4 of the base cards, and they weren't cheap.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #37
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

yeah I cant believe the price on the 96 masterpieces these days, I thought it was expensive when I bought the base set and the gold cards for $200 about 10-15 years ago...I had 3 of the double impact cards, and finally just bought the remaining 3 about a year ago so I finally have a complete set after all these years
Old 09-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #38
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
yeah I cant believe the price on the 96 masterpieces these days, I thought it was expensive when I bought the base set and the gold cards for $200 about 10-15 years ago...I had 3 of the double impact cards, and finally just bought the remaining 3 about a year ago so I finally have a complete set after all these years
Lucky dude! The best I've done so far is complete the 1995 set minus the mirage and e-motion cards.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #39
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX23 View Post
Lucky dude! The best I've done so far is complete the 1995 set minus the mirage and e-motion cards.
nice man, you got all the holoflash and canvas cards from the 1995 set? I got those too, but I also dont have the mirage cards or e-motion cards (well I have a few e-motion cards but just like the 1994 signature cards I didnt really collect those too much)

the mirage cards have been haunting me for almost 20 years, those are the last masterpiece cards I need to complete all the sets (again with the exception of the signature base card alternates and the e-motion base card alternates) but I just cant justify spending like 300$ on a single card, no matter how badly I want them.......maybe one day if I hit the lottery
Old 09-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #40
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
they are supposed to be out in november of this year
I read on a trading card forum that these are coming out July 2015. But I hope you are right and they come in November! I'm also hoping the sketch inserts will be of a higher quality than some of the Rittenhouse sets that's come out in the past couple of years.
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote