Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-27-2018, 09:52 PM   #11
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Is the DLC only available in the pass, and/or part of the special editions? So there's no way to earn it in-game, using Zenni? Want to make sure before I spend the Zenni on capsules.

If not, I'll wait for a price drop. Not a fan when character DLC exceeds the price per character of what the base game offers. (really not a fan of paid character DLC in fighting games to begin with, but...)
That seems to be the case. I believe the only thing you get from capsules are cosmetic profile and social interaction items. I'm not a fan of games withholding content that is clearly locked just so they can charge you DLC prices. And that's what seems to be going on with this season pass. I normally wait for price drops under these circumstances but I figured there are enough fighters in the given roster to hold me over until DLC has price drops/sales.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:44 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That seems to be the case. I believe the only thing you get from capsules are cosmetic profile and social interaction items. I'm not a fan of games withholding content that is clearly locked just so they can charge you DLC prices. And that's what seems to be going on with this season pass. I normally wait for price drops under these circumstances but I figured there are enough fighters in the given roster to hold me over until DLC has price drops/sales.
That is exactly the opposite of what publishers SHOULD be doing, imo (cosmetic vs gameplay features). I made my case in the SFV thread previously, regarding character DLC.

I'm not quite as adamant about my opinion for this game though, as match-ups appear to be far less important here (and team-based fighters in general). Could end up being wrong, but these characters (and mechanics) seem very plug-and-play.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:01 AM   #13
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That is exactly the opposite of what publishers SHOULD be doing, imo (cosmetic vs gameplay features). I made my case in the SFV thread previously, regarding character DLC.

I'm not quite as adamant about my opinion for this game though, as match-ups appear to be far less important here (and team-based fighters in general). Could end up being wrong, but these characters (and mechanics) seem very plug-and-play.
I don't think that is entirely true here. I am still familiarizing myself with the mechanics of the game, but it seems that you're going to need to employ actual strategy when you compose your team. Not only by which three characters you pick, but in what order they are chosen. Certain characters will most definitely create better opportunities/perks for certain fighters. For example there are fighters that don't too well from long distance encounters so you will want an assist that can make up that ground and vice versa. I don't remember how specifically, but I remember reading that Piccolo and one of the Gohan's work especially well together due to some buff mechanic on Gohan's part.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote