Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Just got an email that they are not doing PayPal already.. Kinda concerning for me.
The problem with paypal is they take a higher percentage of the purchase price vs credit cards. So from a business perspective I can see why they don't accept paypal anymore. If I remember right Paypal takes between 3%-5% where credit cards only take like 1%-2%, if your selling lots of statues the difference can add up pretty fast.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Just got an email that they are not doing PayPal already.. Kinda concerning for me.
Lots of companies don't take PayPal. Would you be concerned if the didn't take American Express, or Discover? Probably not I'd guess. It's just one of many forms of payment and unless you're using PayPal credit to finance your purchases they're just an unnecessary middle man taking their piece of the pie.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #23
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The problem with paypal is they take a higher percentage of the purchase price vs credit cards. So from a business perspective I can see why they don't accept paypal anymore. If I remember right Paypal takes between 3%-5% where credit cards only take like 1%-2%, if your selling lots of statues the difference can add up pretty fast.
How dare he piggyback on your thread?!
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #24
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
I'm okay with them not taking PayPal. What bothers me is I pre ordered Catwoman with a PayPal deposit and then can't pay her off with PayPal. I used my credit card but this new policy should have started with new orders. I love Tweeterhead but this was just inconvenient.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #25
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I'm okay with them not taking PayPal. What bothers me is I pre ordered Catwoman with a PayPal deposit and then can't pay her off with PayPal. I used my credit card but this new policy should have started with new orders. I love Tweeterhead but this was just inconvenient.
same scenario with you but mine is Wonder Woman. Anyway, this will be my last statue with them paid direct.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #26
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Debbie emailed me today with the cancellations... so it's all good.

With them expanding I guess there a bit short handed and some times things slip through the cracks... but Tweeterhead came through in the end.

Thanks for everyone's help.
They have had that excuse for quite some time though. If I had the same issues a couple years ago and they are still slow to respond today, obviously they aren't taking measures to hire people. This didn't happen overnight. I love their pieces, but come on. Same excuse year after year.

I am going to assume that is why they teamed up with Sideshow, similar products and distribution.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #27
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Small companies can take time to gain their footing guys. Big difference between being overwhelmed and providing poor customer service because you simply don’t care.

Based on everything I know Chad and Debbie are good people who are simply experiencing growing pains. It’s hard to break into this industry let alone gain big time licenses and acquire the talent to produce product within them people want. In order to survive sometimes you have to spread your resources rather thin, e.g. hiring more customer service reps until your brand catches on. Tweeterhead has had some succes up to this point but I’d wager nothing as huge as their Super Powers line. I’d expect they’ll start taking the necessary steps to expand their personnel as needed going forward.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #28
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
They have had that excuse for quite some time though. If I had the same issues a couple years ago and they are still slow to respond today, obviously they aren't taking measures to hire people. This didn't happen overnight. I love their pieces, but come on. Same excuse year after year.

I am going to assume that is why they teamed up with Sideshow, similar products and distribution.
Don't be so quick to cast blame when you are not fully aware of the entire scenario. It's all well and good to say same excuse hire more people when you don't know any of the financial situations. When they are able they will hire much needed assistance.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #29
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post

Couple years ago it was just chad. Debbie has only been on for maybe a year. So he did hire more staff.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #30
qz33
Rescue

Debbie was at least around the time the Julie Newmar Catwoman was released because I emailed her then.

Yes small companies can have growing pains but I think the lesson of this thread (well a lot of SF threads) is to be wary of ordering if you aren't willing to deal with these growing pains.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote