Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2018, 12:03 AM   #811
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
even if a few statues do sell out very quickly NO business realistically expects a large percentage of their new products to sell out on a regular basis. People have issues with every statue and will look for faults in everything and these people tend to be louder than the rest of us
I've never made that claim. Skyrocketing prices and fierce competition between companies competing for our dollars have made fast sellouts the exception not the rule. Though it does happen occasionally with statues such as the Miller Dark Knight, Thanos on Throne and the Iron Man Mark III maquette. I think the Lee Batman could have been another of those exceptions had it not been for the questions many have concerning the overall art direction.

You're right though, people do have issues and look for faults with every statue. But it's one thing for people to overlook those faults on a $500 statue. It's quite another thing to overlook them on statues selling in the 1K range.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:25 AM   #812
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This Batman hush was the one i wait ...You know the "wow" factor when you look at something i just got it....And it's been almost 3 years i'm not sure which batman buy, always in doubt But now i'm sure and i dont care how many years i will wait and i just throw 1k us at this Masterpiece (about 1300 CDN for me) BTW i am not rich and i make huge sacrifice to pay this Statue including all the payment plan i have with sideshow..I am an avid.
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #813
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Exactly.

There's a lot of valid reasons why this one's still available including the space issues and poor resale values you mentioned, but this was supposed to be THE BATMAN statue. It's the one everyone's been talking about for the past year and a half. It's the reason a lot of people passed on the Miller Batman because they only wanted one 1/3 scale Batman in their collections and it was going to be the Jim Lee Batman. And at the time it was revealed at Tokyo Comic Con in early Dec. no one knew the cost yet, and we definitely didn't know anything about a 1 1/2 year wait time. But the fact of the matter is, since it was revealed its gotten nowhere near the positive response of the Miller Dark Knight. Personally speaking, I think its a terrific statue, but it hasn't had the same impact on me as the Miller Dark Knight did when I first laid eyes on that masterpiece, and I doubt I'm the only one willing to make that claim.

I agree, although I had similar criticisms of the Miller Batman that people have with the Hush one that made me pass on it. To Zombiez's point, I didn't air those grievances (or at least, I don't recall doing so) just because that was the first comic-based P1 got away with producing, citing the Arkham game skin as its basis. I'm a diehard Miller fan, so I still appreciated it being as successful as it was so that we can get more TDKR pieces, which we are.

It's more than fair that people are more critical of the Lee piece due to how many Batmans from which there are to choose at this size and price point. I just dislike it when (not referencing your comment specifically) the narrative is suddenly "P1 should take a hint from these supposed low sales that the pose and bird beak fails." I can think of numerous changes in industry itself perhaps contributing to the lower sales from which P1 could just as easily take hints.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #814
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I agree, although I had similar criticisms of the Miller Batman that people have with the Hush one that made me pass on it. To Zombiez's point, I didn't air those grievances (or at least, I don't recall doing so) just because that was the first comic-based P1 got away with producing, citing the Arkham game skin as its basis. I'm a diehard Miller fan, so I still appreciated it being as successful as it was so that we can get more TDKR pieces, which we are.

It's more than fair that people are more critical of the Lee piece due to how many Batmans from which there are to choose at this size and price point. I just dislike it when (not referencing your comment specifically) the narrative is suddenly "P1 should take a hint from these supposed low sales that the pose and bird beak fails." I can think of numerous changes in industry itself perhaps contributing to the lower sales from which P1 could just as easily take hints.
I'd say with the exception of Tweeterhead there's a lot of companies that could take some hints on how to proceed in the future. Most noticeably when it comes to the price point of their statues. There's no doubt we're seeing a level of quality we've never seen before with some of these products, but a 1K a pop people are much more selective. They're just not willing to put out that kind of money on statues with issues, whether it be you with your concerns over the Miller Dark Knight, or those not happy with some aspects of the Lee Batman.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #815
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
I'd say with the exception of Tweeterhead there's a lot of companies that could take some hints on how to proceed in the future. Most noticeably when it comes to the price point of their statues. There's no doubt we're seeing a level of quality we've never seen before with some of these products, but a 1K a pop people are much more selective. They're just not willing to put out that kind of money on statues with issues, whether it be you with your concerns over the Miller Dark Knight, or those not happy with some aspects of the Lee Batman.
Issue is subjective especially when it come to art,it will eventualy sold out like everything else ...This jim lee batman statue (imo) is one of the best prime 1 ever done and with delay of more than a year final product is far away to appear...I just fall in love with this one could not resist to pre order.And about space issue you always have room for something you care about...personally i will display it alone with spot light under him the effect will be incredible
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #816
yodasan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Exactly.

There's a lot of valid reasons why this one's still available including the space issues and poor resale values you mentioned, but this was supposed to be THE BATMAN statue. It's the one everyone's been talking about for the past year and a half. It's the reason a lot of people passed on the Miller Batman because they only wanted one 1/3 scale Batman in their collections and it was going to be the Jim Lee Batman. ...
I'd be interested to hear more about this line of reasoning - would a majority of collectors choose a Jim Lee Batman over a Miller Batman? assume in both cases you could get a perfect version of the statue, whatever that means to you. Maybe this question belongs more in the "comics" section come to think of it. Probably I am more influenced by the specific source material (the TDKR and Hush books) of the two actual statues under discussion here than other factors (like the overall contribution of each artist to the character) but to me TDKR is the more important Batman than in Hush.
yodasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #817
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasan View Post
I'd be interested to hear more about this line of reasoning - would a majority of collectors choose a Jim Lee Batman over a Miller Batman? assume in both cases you could get a perfect version of the statue, whatever that means to you. Maybe this question belongs more in the "comics" section come to think of it. Probably I am more influenced by the specific source material (the TDKR and Hush books) of the two actual statues under discussion here than other factors (like the overall contribution of each artist to the character) but to me TDKR is the more important Batman than in Hush.

Hush, to me, was the big blockbuster comic that exists as an artist's showcase but writing-wise only serves to remind me of better stories the characters were in. TDKR was that better story that those past ones laid the foundation for. I re-read TDKR twice a year and maybe flip through Hush every couple years for the splash pages. That said, I can buy smaller statues, like the DC Collectibles dioramas, to tick the nostalgia boxes for specific story scenes in TDKR. If I want a massive, "definitive"-looking Batman as a collection centerpiece, Lee would be my go-to. Personally I'd much rather have a diorama of this scene from TDKR than the statue of just Batman we got, as effective as I do think that statue was despite my reservations.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #818
Nebulhym
The X-Men

That fully sculpted cape is gorgeous.....
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #819
banner23
Justice League

Is it official that there will be a black variant on this statue ?
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #820
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
Is it official that there will be a black variant on this statue ?
Yes.