Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-13-2017, 08:15 PM   #31
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Unless I'm mistaken you can easily find the XM one on a simple image search:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=weapon+x+xm+studios
Nope, that's not it. Clearly, a miscommunication.

I know how to do a search, thanks. And we have seen those 3D renderings already of the XM Weapon X. Like we are already looking at the printed prototype of this Iron Studios Weapon X just a few posts above (previous page).

The key words in my post are "fully revealed" ....as in fully printed and painted. Apparently I should have spelled that out.

If we are already looking at a fully printed Iron Studios Weapon X, then a 3D rendering and a unpainted printed piece are not what I was referring to.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #32
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup ...exactly. Can't wait to see both versions fully revealed ...XM and P1 versions.
Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken you can easily find the XM one on a simple image search:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=weapon+x+xm+studios
He probably means printed and painted.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #33
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I really don't like that their blue/yellow wolverine has the exact same base to this. It's just so lazy IMO.

It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #34
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I agree, I still can't believe how unbelivably lazy is to have the same base for the Wolverine statue. But I think Weapon X looks really good. It was actually one of the most impressive statues I saw during comic con last year. Maybe just behind the upcoming 1/3 scale Wonder Woman, but I'm a little biased, since she is one of my favourite characters.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:18 PM   #35
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I really don't like that their blue/yellow wolverine has the exact same base to this. It's just so lazy IMO.

That's ok with me, actually ...I'm only interested in Weapon X. I like my XM Yellow/Blue Wolverine, so I'm good in that area.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #36
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

O boy. I hope it's a different base and that the Weapon X was just used to display Yellow &Blue. There is just no way.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:38 AM   #37
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Nope, that's not it. Clearly, a miscommunication.

I know how to do a search, thanks. And we have seen those 3D renderings already of the XM Weapon X. Like we are already looking at the printed prototype of this Iron Studios Weapon X just a few posts above (previous page).

The key words in my post are "fully revealed" ....as in fully printed and painted. Apparently I should have spelled that out.

If we are already looking at a fully printed Iron Studios Weapon X, then a 3D rendering and a unpainted printed piece are not what I was referring to.
Probably miscommunication is coming from what I saw on your earlier post where you referenced only the concept art form of XM and not the 3D sculpt (which is unlikely to change significantly once printed). And I noticed there hasn't been any pics posted since then of XM's 3D version.

And if we're talking about 'fully revealed' then noone is at that stage yet.

Quote:
No cost or preorder info, yet. Its still early in the process.

As far as comparing the two ...that's hard because Iron Studios already have theirs printed and XM Studios only has theirs in art concept form (3D rendering is not done).

However, if XM stays true to their art concept, than I might like XM's version better; their art concept shows a more muscularly defined Weapon X. We'll have to wait and see ....
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #38
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Probably miscommunication is coming from what I saw on your earlier post where you referenced only the concept art form of XM and not the 3D sculpt (which is unlikely to change significantly once printed). And I noticed there hasn't been any pics posted since then of XM's 3D version.
Right ...I figured as much. But you have to look at the post dates as well. It went from December to May ...and the XM Weapon X has its own thread where the 3D renderings were shown.

Quote:
And if we're talking about 'fully revealed' then noone is at that stage yet.
Right ...hence I wrote "Can't wait ..." in my post you initially replied to. I know no one is at that stage yet.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #39
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I much prefer this IS version over the XM version of Weapon X. This version has a much better looking base imo than the XM version and I like IS's take on Logan in this piece more than XM's version of the character. If IS uses a very similar base for their Yellow Wolvie, it won't bother me in the least since I don't have any interest in that piece and won't be buying it.

Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:09 PM   #40
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I much prefer this IS version over the XM version of Weapon X. This version has a much better looking base imo than the XM version and I like IS's take on Logan in this piece more than XM's version of the character. If IS uses a very similar base for their Yellow Wolvie, it won't bother me in the least since I don't have any interest in that piece and won't be buying it.
Yeah fair call, the two pieces having the same base is only a problem if you're buying both. I just can't think of a reason that the blue/yellow would be jumping out of the tank, other than they couldn't be bothered to sculpt another base. I can see how people would prefer the IS to XM though. The base is much smaller and more manageable too for people who have space concerns. No wrong choice here really, and I hope the quality of the IS is on par with their recent Civil War releases which have looked good. I'm really looking forward to seeing the XM one in Singapore this year, and I wish I had an opportunity to see more IS pieces in person.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote