Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #31
Odank
Fantastic Four

I get all my Gecco stuff from anime-island whenever they have a discount sale on preorders as they do now for Labor day (15% OFF). Comes out to around 250 with free shipping - so very worth it for Gecco pieces in my opinion. Also bummed that it's not going the polystone route - but considering that Gecco does PVC layering with many printed pieces to achieve real physical layers (just look at their "Doll" breakdown), I'm guessing that using a solid cast resin would be less friendly to creating clothing/armor layering, as painting and shading would be the main way to differentiate these elements in a fully solid cast.
Odank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #32
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Thanks for the heads up on this, but to late for me, I already purchase this via sideshow...oh well
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #33
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Also picked it up from Sideshow. Very excited.
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #34
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Getting close to his release, hopefully next month we'll have him in hand, stateside at least.

Any word on who Gecco is doing next? The last news I heard was that cryptic tweet about a new Dark Souls statue reveal in 2018, and something about weapons. Curious who it can be, hopefully a Black Knight which would tie into the "weapons" hint since so many are possible choices for a statue of him.....here's hoping.

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:48 AM   #35
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Eagerly awaiting anything from F4F and Gecco. I've gotten all of their releases so far and I'm ecstatic. My final payment for the elite knight comes up 2/5 from sideshow.
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #36
damienjakk

Just got an early shipping notification from SS, Oscar shipping out on January 30, can't wait
Old 01-27-2018, 01:04 AM   #37
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sweet! I have mine through BBTS. So hopefully not too much longer.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:29 AM   #38
damienjakk

Just got my tracking number for Oscar, ETA next Monday

A bit off topic, but to those of you who collect both Dark Souls and Bloodborne statues from multiple companies, think we should make a general thread for all statues related? The threads are bit jumbled, and often times inactive, perhaps a thread for us to discuss everything in one place would be more productive? Just a thought.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:07 AM   #39
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Be sure to post pics (probably don't have to ask lol)! I'm still waiting on BBTS for updates on mine. I would've rather went SS for the preorder but I didn't know they were going to do that one since they didn't for Siegmeyer and jumped the gun on BBTS. Oh well, it looks worth that wait.

Not sure on the DS/BB combined thread. I subscribe to the ones I'm interested in, even the F4F ones tho not really liking their style for the DS statues. I have a few payments left on Lady Maria. I'm looking forward to that one too.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #40
damienjakk

Got my Oscar today, he's awesome. I'm sure there are plenty of unboxing videos, detailed pics, and full reviews so I'll keep this brief.
Everything you'd expect from Gecco though, great paint job, all pieces fit perfectly, etc. Gotta look more closely tomorrow, but I think his head under the helmet is painted as an undead which of course fits his lore.

He goes perfectly with my set up and is a welcome addition to the group. Definitely looking forward to who Gecco does next. Also apologies for my bad camera work, never been good at it.