Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #361
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Some need attachment. Some don't. I don't read Vampirella nor Lady Death but didn't keep me from buying a couple beautiful statues. To each is own.
This is absolutely true! I have many instances where I have purchased a piece simply for the artistic beauty of the piece itself.

To admire the many marble masterpieces around Italy (and other places), you don't need to know who the subject or store behind the piece, you can admire it for it's beauty. Similarly, if you see a beautiful woman, you don't need to know who she is to admire her beauty; if you then get to know her and don't like her "story", her physical beauty is not questioned.

LOL...now that I've said that, for statues of male characters I simply bypass them if I have no connection to the character in question so it seems I am VERY biased and fully understand both sides of this argument.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #362
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
We're talking about sideshow here. They might test the waters again with this one and try another new price point for no reason.
...and one day all of us will remember that Sideshow pays people to monitor these forums and related social media to gauge interest and price accordingly. What came first? Pieces that people rave about when they see the prototype end up being more expensive than the ones that get little to no fanfare, don't they? HATE EVERYTHING until the price and ES are set and then pounce.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #363
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Yeah, I actually prefer the backdrop myself. It may limit the angles one can look at the statue, but it makes the angle you can see it FAR less distracting as you don't have a million things in the background. Maybe its just the photographer in me. In particular, the base looks really nice with that backdrop behind it.
Sorry for all the posts today...

I agree, in fact, if I were to order this piece (price will be a determining factor although I am also concerned with how the production pieces will look) I wouldn't mind having the option of ordering a backdrop for it as well...shipped separately, of course.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #364
jokecool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't know why Sideshow decided to go with this backdrops but if someone is curious here is my attempt to "capture" the full piece

jokecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #365
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Watched a great video earlier on YouTube that showed her from every angle. I'm trying to only buy statues that look good from every side and I think this one's a winner. A display with a mirror behind is gonna be a necessity.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:49 PM   #366
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Watched a great video earlier on YouTube that showed her from every angle. I'm trying to only buy statues that look good from every side and I think this one's a winner. A display with a mirror behind is gonna be a necessity.
Can you post that vid here?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:15 PM   #367
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Can you post that vid here?
Aspen is around the 2:50 mark. The camera man did his best to get the money shot. Lol

https://youtu.be/vV0jvgAvrXU
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #368
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Aspen is around the 2:50 mark. The camera man did his best to get the money shot. Lol

https://youtu.be/vV0jvgAvrXU
Very nice, love the high resolutions. Damn, Aspen and Red Sonja looks so damn good too (and of course Little Mermaid).
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #369
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Very nice, love the high resolutions. Damn, Aspen and Red Sonja looks so damn good too (and of course Little Mermaid).
They really do. I want all three, but as of now I'm going to pass on RS because I have the Harbottle one, which I do still prefer more overall.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:05 AM   #370
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
They just did with Lady Deadpool and that test wasn't well recieved at all. You can't honestly believe Sideshow would price this higher than Lady Deadpool?

Just like with She Devil With a Sword, the base on this statue is going to be one of the major factors for pricing. I just can't see a $499 price with that base. I am sticking to my $550 to $575 estimate. And given that Aspen has taken a BIG hit in recent years in regards to the overall level of profits they have been recieving annually from thier art prints, which used to make up a significant amount of Aspen's overall yearly income, I could see Aspen increasing their fee's for products like this.

This icon has never been more appropriate, we get it, enough about the prints.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote