Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #241
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

It's hard to talk about XM openly on this forum Rocket. A few strong closed minds, and people sensitive to criticism jump right down your throat without trying to understand the statement made.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #242
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
You're clearly missing the point of this conversation.
You mean the grand conspiracy that XM is falsifying claims of sold out statues while secretly feeding "grey market" distributors in an attempt to manipulate the secondary market prices?

I think I'm following the conversation just fine. Seems to me you were not able to get a Venom at a good price and seeing pictures of these "grey market" warehouses with Venom boxes inside frustrates you...sure, I get that. I don't get these claims that XM is feeding these guys on the side in an attempt to make you pay more on the secondary market. None of us know how these people get their stocks. I can speculate that these guys are going to the authorized dealers and buying up unsold stocks on the cheap in the hopes of re-selling for profit...but, there's no way to prove that. It's not like these guys have warehouses full of Venom, Magneto, Ghost Rider etc...there are a handful of those compared to the Kraven's, Vulture's, Medusa's etc. etc.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #243
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
You mean the grand conspiracy that XM is falsifying claims of sold out statues while secretly feeding "grey market" distributors in an attempt to manipulate the secondary market prices?
LMFAO!! Your head's in the sand brother or you're too much of a fan boy to admit it. Go ahead and explain the warehouses of XM statues being sold by grey market distributors to unlicensed markets... you got the pics right there, several long time "sold out" Mark VII, Venom, Cable etc all BNIB and ready to ship... can't wait to read the spin on this LOL!!!

EDIT: BTW I happily buy from all these guys for reasonable prices. I'm just calling it out for what it is... question is why you are so defensive about the facts hmmmmmmmm?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #244
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
LMFAO!! Your head's in the sand brother or you're too much of a fan boy to admit it. Go ahead and explain the warehouses of XM statues being sold by grey market distributors to unlicensed markets... you got the pics right there, several long time "sold out" Mark VII, Venom, Cable etc all BNIB and ready to ship... can't wait to read the spin on this LOL!!!

EDIT: BTW I happily buy from all these guys for reasonable prices. I'm just calling it out for what it is... question is why you are so defensive about the facts hmmmmmmmm?
I'm simply calling you out for claiming your speculation is fact. I've yet to see a warehouse full of the "in demand" pieces...there's a handful of those and large quantities of the others that haven't sold well...I simply don't see this as some sort of conspiracy like you do.

XM has come on the forum to explain many times that the "sold out" items on their website is simply the small percentage of stocks they keep to sell directly. They make no claims that items are sold out at their retailers. I don't know why this goes so far over people's heads...
Old 08-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #245
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I'm simply calling you out for claiming your speculation is fact. I've yet to see a warehouse full of the "in demand" pieces...there's a handful of those and large quantities of the others that haven't sold well...I simply don't see this as some sort of conspiracy like you do.
Where did I say the warehouse is full of "in demand" pieces? Do you read my posts or just make things up? I said the warehouse is full of "sold out" pieces. Go back and actually reread my posts before "callin me out" brother LOL!!!

And you contradicted yourself after editing your post. You said "XM falsifies sold out" and then admitted the warehouse pic I posted is full of medusa, etc etc, which btw are all listed as sold out in XM's website. So the question is how are the grey market distributor getting 100s of statues? Either from XM or from Authorized dealers who can't more these pieces. And calling it a conspiracy is an attemp by you to dismiss these facts. Weak my man, very weak in the face of pictures LOL!!

EDIT: you're quick on the trigger, and then go back and edit your posts. So which is it, they are sold out, not sold out, only sorta sold out on the website? dude stop with the spin. With the exception of 4-5 in demand pieces there is TONS of unsold XM inventory that's being moved via the grey market to unlicensed markets. I'm not saying XM is directly doing this, but they're looking the other way as their ADs find ways to get all this unsold inventory out via the grey market... that's not a conspiracy brother, it's all over the BST groups... now spin on that LOL!!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #246
Bmutha

Quote:
Where did I say the warehouse is full of "in demand" pieces? Do you read my posts or just make things up? I said the warehouse is full of "sold out" pieces. Go back and actually reread my posts before "callin me out" brother LOL!!!

And you contradicted yourself after editing your post. You said "XM falsifies sold out" and then admitted the warehouse pic I posted is full of medusa, etc etc, which btw are all listed as sold out in XM's website. So the question is how are the grey market distributor getting 100s of statues? Either from XM or from Authorized dealers who can't more these pieces. And calling it a conspiracy is an attemp by you to dismiss these facts. Weak my man, very weak in the face of pictures LOL!!
I still do not see your point. As stated above, and many times by XM themselves, they only hold a % of each piece for sale directly through their own website. The "sold out" claim on their website is for that % only. What is so hard to understand about that?

I say "in demand" because the pieces that people always key in on when they see those pics are the handful of Venom, Cable or whatever...people generally don't really care about unsold Kraven's etc.

These "grey market" guys very likely are buying the unsold stuff from the authorized retailers on the cheap (notice I say likely because I am speculating...I guess I don't have the facts that you have)...what they choose to do with them really shouldn't bother you or I. I really don't understand why that pisses people off? Who cares if they are trying to bundle stuff together? Don't buy it...simple. Eventually they'll have to sell individual pieces or price the bundle so cheap that it becomes worthwhile. I haven't bought a Kraven or a Kingpin for exactly that reason...eventually, someone will have to firesale these pieces. And if not, oh well...in the meantime, I do not care one bit if stacks of these pieces are collecting dust in some warehouse.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #247
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I still do not see your point. As stated above, and many times by XM themselves, they only hold a % of each piece for sale directly through their own website. The "sold out" claim on their website is for that % only. What is so hard to understand about that?

These "grey market" guys very likely are buying the unsold stuff from the authorized retailers on the cheap...what they choose to do with them really shouldn't bother you or I. I really don't understand why that pisses people off? Who cares if they are trying to bundle stuff together? Don't buy it...simple. Eventually they'll have to sell individual pieces or price the bundle so cheap that it becomes worthwhile. I haven't bought a Kraven or a Kingpin for exactly that reason...eventually, someone will have to firesale these pieces. And if not, oh well...in the meantime, I do not care one bit if stacks of these pieces are collecting dust in some warehouse.
Now we're on a similar page. You softened your tone from your first post, which was pretty douchey. if you don't care, why try to quiet opinions hmmmmmmm?

I for one don't care how or who XM uses to distribute. I am simply sharing info to inform folks here so they don't get ripped off. Do you object to that?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #248
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Unless you have a business relationship with XM you are just speculating as to how much product ends up in NA.

Judging from the large number of grey market sellers on the BST groups, it's clear that there is a significant amount of XM statues being distributed in the grey market. We can't know for certain if that's a direct distribution channel from XM or side deals negotiated by athorized distributors who can't move enough product in the licensed markets.

How do you explain the pics of the HUGE warehouse of XM statues from just one single grey market distributor? Why are there even grey market distributors with warehouses full of XM statues for sale?

Bottom line is you don't see this massive grey market activity with Prime 1 or Sideshow on the BST groups because they can dump their excess inventory via normal distribution channels in licensed markets (US, EU, Japan, China etc). XM doesn't have access to all these massive markets and IMO they can ONLY move them through grey market distributors. If they were selling all their inventory in authorized markets you wouldn't see pics like the ones I posted.
Isn't that what everyone else is doing as well? Speculating?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #249
Bmutha

Quote:
Now we're on a similar page. You softened your tone from your first post, which was pretty douchey. if you don't care, why try to quiet opinions hmmmmmmm?

I for one don't care how or who XM uses to distribute. I am simply sharing info to inform folks here so they don't get ripped off. Do you object to that?
Well, let's be honest here though, the tone being thrown around in here was pretty douchey all around...people saying XM (the actual company) are attempting to scam North American buyers? Come on...

I don't object to telling people not to buy stuff at ridiculous prices, or to stay away from bundle sales. I tell people that all the time.

I do object to people (speaking in general terms) claiming that XM themselves are secretly holding back stocks while falsely claiming sell outs on their website in an attempt to get people to buy bundles from these "grey market" sellers.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #250
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Isn't that what everyone else is doing as well? Speculating?
LOL!! Yes we are. But I don't try to shut down the opinions of others like you and some others try to do here