Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-28-2024, 07:43 PM   #261
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
Another MOTU masterpiece! Both portraits are great . . probably will change out every few weeks. Base feels fairly light compared to what I anticipated, while the cape is surprisingly heavy. Not too difficult to attach to the body but there is more weight there than I expected. Hope to see Legends He-Man so I can pair them up.
So the cape is heavy? What is it with these companies? If this mother leans Tweeterhead us getting a surprise unsolicited donation of 2 Skeletor statues and that is putting it kindly.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:37 PM   #262
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
So the cape is heavy? What is it with these companies? If this mother leans Tweeterhead us getting a surprise unsolicited donation of 2 Skeletor statues and that is putting it kindly.
As long as the weight is distributed evenly and the force goes straight down through the body into the legs, hopefully it'll be ok.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 05:38 PM   #263
Blade3327
Nightwing

Got him today!

So many details on this, the musculature and skin texture look great and the paint app really shows it off. Though it's a single character, there's so much intricacy to lose yourself in.

But as expected, the silver armor just feels... unfinished. Or rather unjustified by the other bold colors we have: the blue skin, purple hood, and especially that glowing green skull. I think the regular portrait works best with the silver armor, but the laughing one is so much more fun and suits the triumphant pose.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record -- never mind, I'm definitely already there -- this is begging for a retro color scheme. They went delightfully over-the-top with the laughing portrait and pose, then held back on the armor color. This guy so clearly wants to pop off. He's feeling himself, he's cackling into the sky, he needs an outfit to match his energy. I'll be first in line for that. Now to decide what to do with this one...

Quote:
The body is posed with the chest puffed out over the feet, so the heavy cape actually holds him back. I would've been worried otherwise.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:17 PM   #264
qz33
Doctor Doom

The cape pulling the statue back is what has me concerned.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:19 PM   #265
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
The cape pulling the statue back is what has me concerned.
It won't pull him back. The cape inserts downward into the body and the bottom of the cape rests on the base, acting more as a support. There's nowhere for the cape (or the body) to go backward.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 07:19 PM   #266
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
It won't pull him back. The cape inserts downward into the body and the bottom of the cape rests on the base, acting more as a support. There's nowhere for the cape (or the body) to go backward.

Well then! I thought it was hanging free. Crisis averted, back to one of the greatest statues of all time.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:19 AM   #267
qz33
Doctor Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pEOmaB_q-0

Please Tweeterhead continue with the sculpted capes!!

Can we please please get a variant of the Skeletor bust with the laughing head of this statue???
Old 03-02-2024, 06:59 PM   #268
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Blade3327, definitely agree the regular head looks better with the silver armor, and 100% hope they do a repaint with the traditional colors and it has the laughing head and the vintage action figure head as a alternate
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 11:34 PM   #269
qz33
Doctor Doom

Is the cape optional on this? I know there are holes for the pegs in his back but would the shoulder armor cover if the cape was not desired?
Old 03-06-2024, 02:33 AM   #270
Cmac
Mephisto

I think the paint application looks really great on this statue. If I could just get past the breastplate issue, it would be in my MOTU collection.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote