Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Tattoo-X

Exclamation LEONARD NIMOY in Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!

EMERALD CITY COMIC CON

Con Update
11.10.09 | Media Guest: Leonard Nimoy

LEONARD NIMOY is best known for his role as Mr. Spock in the original Star Trek series, a role he reprised in the new hit JJ Abrams Star Trek movie.

He also directed the films Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (for which he also co-wrote the story)

He recently returned to television with his role as Dr. William Bell on Fox's sci-fi series Fringe.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
michaelt
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Cool!
Wonder if he is just as unaproachable as he was when I went to a trek Convention years ago, ...no autographs that is.
michaelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
patrickwm68
The Flash

I think he charges $75-$100 for his autograph
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

from what I have heard he not very friendly and wont sign everything.. at fx this year where he was a guest my buddy took up a painting he had painted of leonard and wanted leonard to sign it and He REFUSED stating it was not a "licensed" piece. My bud was like I painted this and its for me not to resale. He still refused soo he then brought over some original cels he had brought with him from the filmation cartoon and Leonard refused to sign those as well stating they were not licensed my buddy then said umm there is the seal on the corner from filmation leonard still refused so my bud called leonard a umm not nice name to his face turned around and walked off......
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:37 AM   #5
Tobor64
A day without sunshine is like... night.

These negative experiences are surprising since I've met Mr. Nimoy both at conventions & at the viewing show at the Christie's auctions 3 years ago. Both times he was very pleasant and we even joked around with one another a little.
Tobor64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:45 AM   #6
Closetnerd
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Met him at SDCC in 2009 and he signed a picture for me. Nice man...shook hands...thats all I Know.....
Closetnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #7
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
from what I have heard he not very friendly and wont sign everything.. at fx this year where he was a guest my buddy took up a painting he had painted of leonard and wanted leonard to sign it and He REFUSED stating it was not a "licensed" piece. My bud was like I painted this and its for me not to resale. He still refused soo he then brought over some original cels he had brought with him from the filmation cartoon and Leonard refused to sign those as well stating they were not licensed my buddy then said umm there is the seal on the corner from filmation leonard still refused so my bud called leonard a umm not nice name to his face turned around and walked off......
Not saying your story isn't true Lee, but Avenger took a Chris Uminga Copic Marker Spock piece to Leonard to sign at TorontoCon for Anand here on the forum and he signed that and a photo for my fiance who LOVES him
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #8
Rocket
Art of Mod

Here is a piece Uminga did for Anand. Just had to top it of with a Spock signature.

Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I saw him at the Fan Expo this year. I went through his autograph line and for the photo op. Both times when I met with him he was very genuine, kind and pleasant to speak with. I got the impression he appreaciated meeting fans. I came away having had an awesome day that day. Also, autographs were ~$60 CDN.
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It would be so cool to meet Mr. Nimoy.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote