Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 02-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #331
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
So, it's probably safe to assume this line is dead. It's a real shame they didn't get around to the whole team. Now the new game has flopped, and even Bioware are avoiding the IP going forward, it may be that these characters will never see the light of day......
I just got a email from them not that long ago showing they just put Wrex up for pre-order... So it doesn't seem dead yet..

As for Andromeda, yeah it was average at best... A huge let down compared to the original Mass Effect games.... The story fell flat and the direct port from the consoles was a really bad, at least back when Bioware ported Mass Effect over they tweak it so it felt natural to play on the PC... Another weak point is the animated facial muscles are horrible and don't sync up very well when there talking. The only thing better was the face textures but when their mouths are not moving correctly it's like putting lipstick on a pig.

I was worried it was going to fail when all the original people from Bioware had left before Andromeda went into production... EA is famous for destroying companies..... They put out crap to try and milk the reputations of the company they just bought.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:25 AM   #332
dao2
Cyclops

It wouldn't matter if all the people were there or not, it wasn't made by the real bioware studio, just a spinoff named bioware that did the mp and some dlc stuff.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:19 AM   #333
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It wouldn't matter if all the people were there or not, it wasn't made by the real bioware studio, just a spinoff named bioware that did the mp and some dlc stuff.
The real Bioware studio died when the founders and most of their talented team left.... which was shortly after EA bought them out.

Same thing happened with Blizzard when Activision bought them out.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:02 AM   #334
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Considering how popular this line has been i don't think they'll stop yet, especially when the Dragon Age line continues and is nowhere near as popular.

I'd imagine they'd do a Shepard at some point no?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #335
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The real Bioware studio died when the founders and most of their talented team left.... which was shortly after EA bought them out.

Same thing happened with Blizzard when Activision bought them out.
Regardless, bioware didn't make this game so you can't really tell if it'd be good or not. I thought Inquistion was pretty ---- so I doubt it but v0v.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #336
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Considering how popular this line has been i don't think they'll stop yet, especially when the Dragon Age line continues and is nowhere near as popular.

I'd imagine they'd do a Shepard at some point no?
The problem with merchandising is that it's heavily dependant on the popularity of the original IP. The longer this company takes to bring these products to market, the less likely they are to generate enough sales to justify further development and investment.

With computer gamers continuing to be very fickle in their interests and tastes, and with statue buyers continuing to be heavily focused on comic book themes and characters, I'm concerned there won't be more than a handfull of diehards propping this line of statues up.

Now add to that Gamingheads deteriorating quality control.......Well, you do the maths
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:37 PM   #337
gs013564
Justice League

I hope it's not the end, but I get the sneaking suspicion that were approaching it. It does seem to be one of their more popular lines though so...

Personally, I think they do the Fem Shep they already designed for and I think it's a crap shoot after that. Just my gut feeling.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:19 AM   #338
devo7x
Doh!

I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping for Legion before the line is done.
devo7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:33 AM   #339
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Don't think this line is abandoned yet. For a gaming series we already have Garrus, Liara, Mordi, Tali, Thane and Wrex. That is already 6... Not bad. Not a lot of companies are making 6 or more statues in the same line... not even regarding DC or Marvel.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:53 AM   #340
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I pulled the trigger on Tali today, hope she’s in good shape. My favorite character from the games.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote