Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #661
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Too soon to tell, but my initial impressions are that the masked portrait is stunning, the fine details for the body sculpt also stunning, the base is great, though the monster fish should have been somehow incorporated towards the front for practical viewing.

Now what gives me pause is his unmasked head. From the sideview his neck looks way too wide/bulky in relation to body and head. His face looks way too small, again, in relation to body proportions and head width. Hard to tell from one pic, but does give me pause. Also not liking the loose fitting shorts/trunks look, looks sloppy for a super hero. And finally would have preferred his back foot gripping the ground with bent boot/toes, as depicted with other upper foot
That's an awful lot of nitpicking for such a great looking piece. It's only one picture. I'm sure it isn't quite as bad as you think.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #662
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
That's an awful lot of nitpicking for such a great looking piece. It's only one picture. I'm sure it isn't quite as bad as you think.

I never said it was bad. In fact, even if my critiques turn out to be true, I would still consider this to be one of two of the best, if not the best Wolverine ever produced, the other being SS new Yellow/Blue PF. But regardless of any drawbacks with this sculpt, I already consider it to be the best Brown Wolverine ever released. And I did state it's hard to tell from one pic, but we'll see with more pics and the painted proto. Feel better now?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #663
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Already pre-ordered. I love Sideshows new Wolverine too, but the problem there is, their paint application will surely fall short. With XM it's pretty much guaranteed it will be painted to perfection.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #664
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
Already pre-ordered. I love Sideshows new Wolverine too, but the problem there is, their paint application will surely fall short. With XM it's pretty much guaranteed it will be painted to perfection.
yup, one of the things i like most about xm, you can pre order with confidence.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:55 AM   #665
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Too soon to tell, but my initial impressions are that the masked portrait is stunning, the fine details for the body sculpt also stunning, the base is great, though the monster fish should have been somehow incorporated towards the front for practical viewing.

Now what gives me pause is his unmasked head. From the sideview his neck looks way too wide/bulky in relation to body and head. His face looks way too small, again, in relation to body proportions and head width. Hard to tell from one pic, but does give me pause. Also not liking the loose fitting shorts/trunks look, looks sloppy for a super hero. And finally would have preferred his back foot gripping the ground with bent boot/toes, as depicted with other upper foot
I’m cool with the back toe since he’s mid-launch, but I agree on all other minor criticisms. If XM tweeks, they’ll be going for perfection. This one is going to be amazing.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #666
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
XM Studios News

"The XM Brown Wolverine 1/4 scale statue is printed.

Thanks to Romell Chopraa for the awesome sculp and Studio HIVE for the 2D concept."

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

Grumpy, we need more pics! Use all your skills, all your connections, and make it happen.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:39 AM   #667
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Let's see this painted up XM!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:12 PM   #668
Yuppy1123
Frackin!

The seams kinda show
Yuppy1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:17 PM   #669
Yuppy1123
Frackin!

look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked32087069_20422777793294qmc_LI.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	114825  
Yuppy1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #670
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

It was the prototype and the first picture from it after printing. Please relax.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote