Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-01-2018, 12:35 AM   #1
Luminous
Cyclops

Upgrade

A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers Trace a cure -- an artificial intelligence implant called STEM that will enhance his body. Now able to walk, Grey finds that he also has superhuman strength and agility -- skills he uses to seek revenge against the thugs who destroyed his life.

Upgrade - Trailer #1 (2018)

While this may seem like another Robocop or revenge movie, the action scenes seem to offer plenty of fresh entertainment. Reviews have been very positive. Will definitely check this one out.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:12 AM   #2
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, certainly nothing new here concept-wise but I've had my eye on this since the trailer came out. This is the kind of film that Movie Pass was invented for.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I didn't even know about this movie until Friday and saw it yesterday. Loved the hell out of it.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Interesting. I need to give it a try.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #5
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hadn’t even heard of this film until seeing it posted here and the ratings thread. Looks like something I’d enjoy.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:18 AM   #6
built2shred
Phoenix

I just watched this the other night, it was a pretty cool movie, reminded me a little bit of Robocop. Even though I kind of figured the plot out early on, I just didn't guess the twist at the end. Although the twist kind of created a big plot hole in the story...

Spoiler
Maybe I missed something but when Eron recapped the story at the end, he said STEM was in control the whole time, somehow he was coercing Eron the whole time, if so then why would Eron enable user safeguards on STEM after he installed him in Grey?

Also how was STEM coercing Eron? They didn't really explain that in the movie...

I think it would of made more sense if STEM became self aware after it was installed in Grey instead of plotting everything from the beginning.

I did think a few of the violent scenes were a bit gratuitous, they could of toned them down and got a PG-13 rating given there was very little cussing and no sex or nude scenes... I think a PG-13 rating would of brought in more money....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote