Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #881
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I just got one of these in, but is it normal for the paint to be a tad sloppy on the lines? Mine looks like it has a bit of overspray on it in a few different areas as well. Ghost Rider, Batman and Wolverine were pretty much flawless so I was surprised to find Iron Man didn't have the best paint app. I know production pieces are never perfect, but I was expecting better on this one .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #882
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I just got one of these in, but is it normal for the paint to be a tad sloppy on the lines? Mine looks like it has a bit of overspray on it in a few different areas as well. Ghost Rider, Batman and Wolverine were pretty much flawless so I was surprised to find Iron Man didn't have the best paint app. I know production pieces are never perfect, but I was expecting better on this one .
Wow sorry to hear this. My peace is nearly flawless, it's probably the best painted of the 4 XM pieces I own. Can you post some pics of the paint issues?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #883
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Wow sorry to hear this. My peace is nearly flawless, it's probably the best painted of the 4 XM pieces I own. Can you post some pics of the paint issues?
Yea, I'm a little disappointed to say the least . I'm out right now, so I'll post some pictures when I get home. It could just be me, so we shall see.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 AM   #884
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm sorry to hear that bud. I haven't heard many people have issues with this one.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #885
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm still waiting for mark 42 from BBTS. I have no clue why the long delay?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:32 AM   #886
ChaFoShizzle

Here are some pics. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but the lines look sloppy to me.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:50 AM   #887
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

i think that's kinda nitpicky... but i understand you since this piece was expensive, so you'd expect a flawless piece.
Even so, Magneto has his flaws too but that doesnt take away the greatness of the statue.
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #888
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Here are some pics. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but the lines look sloppy to me.

wow, yeah that looks like several areas of paint slop on the lines. I looked over mine last night and I have one small panel on the left rear shoulder that has similar slop, but it's not very noticeable on the back. but looks like your's are on the front, which would bug me too

I would send the pics to XM and see what they say. maybe they can send a replacement?
Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #889
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
wow, yeah that looks like several areas of paint slop on the lines. I looked over mine last night and I have one small panel on the left rear shoulder that has similar slop, but it's not very noticeable on the back. but looks like your's are on the front, which would bug me too

I would send the pics to XM and see what they say. maybe they can send a replacement?
If it was purchased second-hand, XM is unable to do anything. No exchange.

I see where you feel the lines are sloppy, moreso given XM's track record. But IMO, that is far from the worst paint aps I have ever seen on a statue. And because it's a few selection areas (oddly enough all around silver), I would just let it lie.

If the statue was scratched, chipped or the paint lines were jacked on all of the statue -- I would be more annoyed/disappointed.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #890
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If it was purchased second-hand, XM is unable to do anything. No exchange.

I see where you feel the lines are sloppy, moreso given XM's track record. But IMO, that is far from the worst paint aps I have ever seen on a statue. And because it's a few selection areas (oddly enough all around silver), I would just let it lie.

If the statue was scratched, chipped or the paint lines were jacked on all of the statue -- I would be more annoyed/disappointed.
what does that even mean? we are talking about this guys specific statue, not comparing XM QC in general. It doesn't make him feel any better if 99% of the other XM statues are perfect if the one he paid good (and a lot of) money for has paint slop... sheeeesh