Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2017, 12:45 AM   #1831
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Sold out now? Finally! But wl I'm sure will convert early.get 2 or 3!
There's too many dislikes on this statue that I have a hard time to justify the purchase. Hopefully someone else will do her justice one day.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:30 AM   #1832
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I was really disappointed by Sideshow's Supergirl, but there were so many amazing pieces announced/released after Supergirl that I really just completely forgot about her. All the amazing pieces that have been released made it a very easy pass and made it very easy to forget about and move on. I will simply wait for the next PF Supergirl. It might takes a couple of years, but we will get another one eventually. Again, it was disappointing, but was ultimately very easy to forget about and move on.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:33 AM   #1833
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

The only disappointing​ thing about for me.was the..Cape.wish it was some.light sculpted material..Many people didn't like the portrait.but for me.i was kinda glad it.was.different from the usual generic female.portraits and yet kinda cute..
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #1834
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yeah the portrait is what made me pull the trigger on this and I'm glad I did. I love the fact that the cape isn't sculpted, and I'm thrilled with how I got the cape to sit after an hour or so of trial and error.
Flawless statue.
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #1835
nearmint
Phoenix

I also wish the cape was sculpted, and that the base was more inspired.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #1836
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I also wish the cape was sculpted, and that the base was more inspired.
Base is tiny lol... almost nothing there. Smallest and thinnest ss base ever.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #1837
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

My biggest issue was always the hair. IMO, that is one of the worst hairline's in the entire history of Sideshow. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't look past it. In fact, the more I tried to ignore it the more my eye's went right to it ever time I saw the piece. I would have also prefered a portrait much more in line with Lau's work, a sculpted cape, and a better base.

This just wasn't even close to the Supergirl I was expecting given that this was supposed to be based off of Lau's Supergirl, but again Sideshow made it very easy to forget about with such a stellar line-up from that point forward.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #1838
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
My biggest issue was always the hair. IMO, that is one of the worst hairline's in the entire history of Sideshow. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't look past it. In fact, the more I tried to ignore it the more my eye's went right to it ever time I saw the piece. I would have also prefered a portrait much more in line with Lau's work, a sculpted cape, and a better base.

This just wasn't even close to the Supergirl I was expecting given that this was supposed to be based off of Lau's Supergirl, but again Sideshow made it very easy to forget about with such a stellar line-up from that point forward.
I agree with a lot of what you said here. The hairline, face and no change-of-head option (with her hair down) were just the start for me.

I also couldn't get past the elongated neck (looks far too long to me), the retro costume (I would have preferred a not more modern take, if only to match the print), her legs seem to lack the necessary muscle tone and the lackadaisical base.

Like you, the wait continues for me for a better SG. It is a shame because PG, BG, Huntress, Black Canary, etc. were fantastic IMHO.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #1839
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
I agree with a lot of what you said here. The hairline, face and no change-of-head option (with her hair down) were just the start for me.

I also couldn't get past the elongated neck (looks far too long to me), the retro costume (I would have preferred a not more modern take, if only to match the print), her legs seem to lack the necessary muscle tone and the lackadaisical base.

Like you, the wait continues for me for a better SG. It is a shame because PG, BG, Huntress, Black Canary, etc. were fantastic IMHO.
Couldn't agree more. In fact, besides Supergirl, 2016 (and the first couple of months of 2017 due to delays) was IMO Sideshow's best year to date. It was just one amazing announcement/delivery after another including all of those you mentioned. It was just Supergirl that wound up falling flat and the really sad thing about it is while I agree with some of your other complaints from the neck down, had Sideshow produced a switch out portrait that was similar to Lau's Supergirl, it really could have transfromed this piece from a very disappointing piece to a quality piece overall. I would have still had a few issues with it, but I think a change out portrait could have really saved this piece. IMO, it was a HUGE mistake for Sideshow not to include a switch out portrait with this statue. It would have been the difference between me ordering it and not ordering it. And what made the fact that it didn't have a switch out portrait even more disappointing is the fact that Sideshow was well aware of the overwhelming disappointment a LOT of people had with the portrait. To not act on that information is just something I will never understand.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #1840
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Can't reach say Supergirl is. Disappointment.when it has actually sold out..Don't think ss.wlll be unhappy with the sales
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote