Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #81
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I can't believe this. Why, I don't know. Origins Joker is my favorite out of the Arkham games, but I may still like what they did with this one even more. I agree with others that the base is probably a bit too large (and I could've done without it if it would've lowered the cause), but that is also a problem with the Origins piece. I actually think this would display well with the others given how elevated he is.

Had I seen this coming (and I really should've), I may have skipped the Origin one.... or not. Ugh. Prime 1 is really making me re-evaluate my entire collection. If they are going to keep this up, I may have to go P1 only. My Sideshow Asylum Joker may be going. I love the EX head sculpt, but this one still beats it (and I never loved the grey look of the Sideshow one).
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #82
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I can't believe this. Why, I don't know. Origins Joker is my favorite out of the Arkham games, but I may still like what they did with this one even more. I agree with others that the base is probably a bit too large (and I could've done without it if it would've lowered the cause), but that is also a problem with the Origins piece. I actually think this would display well with the others given how elevated he is.

Had I seen this coming (and I really should've), I may have skipped the Origin one.... or not. Ugh. Prime 1 is really making me re-evaluate my entire collection. If they are going to keep this up, I may have to go P1 only. My Sideshow Asylum Joker may be going. I love the EX head sculpt, but this one still beats it (and I never loved the grey look of the Sideshow one).
That's interesting because I actually really like the Sideshow Asylum Joker and think it pairs well with the P1 Arkham Bats albeit he is on a stand to match the height but not the size. I like the mixed media outfit slightly better than on the new P1 because of the shine issue but of course it's no replacement for the workmanship, quality, and detail of a P1 statue which overall, I admit, the P1 is better. I would keep both if I had the funds and space.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #83
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

So....Even though it's up at P1's site, Sideshow will still be selling the regular version correct?
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:23 AM   #84
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
So....Even though it's up at P1's site, Sideshow will still be selling the regular version correct?
The word is Sideshow will sell the Exclusive and the Regular. Just not with the Scarface piece. Haven't seen it up on their site yet though.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:26 AM   #85
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
The word is Sideshow will sell the Exclusive and the Regular. Just not with the Scarface piece.
That's right. Scarface is an 'Exclusive Exclusive'.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #86
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
That's right. Scarface is an 'Exclusive Exclusive'.
from how they write on prime1 website seems that no matter version you buy (ex or regular) you'll get a scarface
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #87
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Can we actually get the admin to change the name of this thread. It's the Arkham Knight Batman, not the Arkham Asylum.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #88
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Can we actually get the admin to change the name of this thread. It's the Arkham Knight Batman, not the Arkham Asylum.
Word.

Wish it really was Asylum though.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #89
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Well, I was thinking that would be a good idea...

However...

Wouldn't that place the thread title into spoiler territory?
Bill Lehecka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #90
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
from how they write on prime1 website seems that no matter version you buy (ex or regular) you'll get a scarface
I didn't say otherwise. My wording just meant that you won't get the whole shebang through Sideshow. :-)
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote