Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-19-2017, 12:39 AM   #291
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
WHOA! You're in here now! Ha ha knew it was only a matter of time.

You do the best reviews! Please Please do a LOOOOONG review of this!
Haha you were right. I couldn’t resist. I’m not really doing reviews right now. I’ll resume at some point but not plans at present.
I will say that she’s pretty impressive. Bigger than I thought she’d be. The base is surprisingly appealing. Paint is on point. Flash photography does her no favors. All the color washes out with my phones flash anyway, she just looks better in person in natural light. Everything about her is pretty accurate to the artwork with the exception of her face. Compared to the art, and Artgerm’s work in general, her face is a little longer and more mature looking. That’s not a good thing. She doesn’t come across as cute as I think she ought to. That’s not to say she isn’t attractive, on the contrary, she’s very pretty and still is obviously a product of Stanley’s design. I’m very happy with it but given the price, I’d expect it to nail the art. And even though it isn’t a dead on reproduction of her face, it’s still fantastic to look at.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:16 AM   #292
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
Haha you were right. I couldn’t resist. I’m not really doing reviews right now. I’ll resume at some point but not plans at present.
I will say that she’s pretty impressive. Bigger than I thought she’d be. The base is surprisingly appealing. Paint is on point. Flash photography does her no favors. All the color washes out with my phones flash anyway, she just looks better in person in natural light. Everything about her is pretty accurate to the artwork with the exception of her face. Compared to the art, and Artgerm’s work in general, her face is a little longer and more mature looking. That’s not a good thing. She doesn’t come across as cute as I think she ought to. That’s not to say she isn’t attractive, on the contrary, she’s very pretty and still is obviously a product of Stanley’s design. I’m very happy with it but given the price, I’d expect it to nail the art. And even though it isn’t a dead on reproduction of her face, it’s still fantastic to look at.
Would you say it looks like the prototype statue?

Matching drawn art especially Mr. Lau's pencils is something many have tried and none have totally succeeded.

Just know that there are those of us that are awaiting your return to reviews.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:47 AM   #293
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Would you say it looks like the prototype statue?

Matching drawn art especially Mr. Lau's pencils is something many have tried and none have totally succeeded.

Just know that there are those of us that are awaiting your return to reviews.
So I went back and looked at the prototype pics and there are some significant discrepancies. It’s possible that some of this is due to lighting but the final version doesn’t seem to have the eye shadow or lipgloss from the piece shown at comic con. I posted a couple pics in the stickied thread. I can tell you that the pics I took do not do her face justice. Still, the finished version is lacking in comparison.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:56 AM   #294
HieroJux
Birdman

I’m not sure what to make of this. It looks like lighting is everything with this piece. Here are two pics I took today. The flash murders her whole vibe. I get the sense that I could have the one they showed at sdcc and depending on the lighting, think that is was completely different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	58461082-5F54-4A52-95F7-8F3D80716DAB.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	108803  
Old 10-19-2017, 05:54 AM   #295
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
I’m not sure what to make of this. It looks like lighting is everything with this piece. Here are two pics I took today. The flash murders her whole vibe. I get the sense that I could have the one they showed at sdcc and depending on the lighting, think that is was completely different.
the face looks just odd in that photo - how does it look in person?
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:02 AM   #296
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Looking at the photos you posted in the other thread..I think her face looks really good. I would be very happy with this purchase.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #297
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
With the flash she don't look anywhere near a pretty as the official Sideshow images.

Natural daylight works best. Whenever i use flash, the results are dire.
If you have a fancy flash, that can bounce light off the ceiling, not directly onto the subject, good results can be achieved.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:43 AM   #298
qz33
Doctor Doom

Looks best in that warm outside lighting. Thanks for posting pictures!
Quote:
Got Pepper today.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #299
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So disappointed with the face. :/
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #300
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
So disappointed with the face. :/
It's just one of those things that was so dependent upon the skill and style of the painter on the prototype (exquisite painting master, Ms. Sapene) that the production pieces were almost surely never going to live up to it.