Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #1901
built2shred
Phoenix

It's her hair that makes her look like she's out of place with the other statues... I know what they were trying to go for but it failed IMO, it doesn't help that her hair is floating but her cloth cape just drapes over her back. This was a statue that really needed a 2nd portrait with normal hair... from a distance she looks like a blonde medusa with that hair..

Just another example how SS rather crash and burn on a statue then listen to their customers..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #1902
Finisher
Blue Falcon

It is not the hand alone, it is the whole pose which isn't good in my eyes... and the wrong flow of the hair...
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:30 PM   #1903
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's her hair that makes her look like she's out of place with the other statues... I know what they were trying to go for but it failed IMO, it doesn't help that her hair is floating but her cloth cape just drapes over her back. This was a statue that really needed a 2nd portrait with normal hair... from a distance she looks like a blonde medusa with that hair..

Just another example how SS rather crash and burn on a statue then listen to their customers..
Yeah, the one aspect of this piece I will never understand is that Sideshow knew, a pretty long ways before development was done, that a significant number of people were VERY unhappy about the portrait. 90%+ of the complaints I saw dealt with the portrait. All Sideshow needed to do was add in a swap out portrait and design it so it looked more like Artgerm's depiction and this statue would have gone from extreme disappointment for a lot of people to a very well liked statue, but instead Sideshow opted to stick with their single portrait design and go with smaller edition sizes overall. The good news on this front is that the statue is almost sold out now due to the smaller edition sizes so hopefully that means we will see a new Supergirl sometime soon.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #1904
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Spook has her at 15% off plus global free shipping. Finally took a bite (on Flex though) for $360 shipped. It's like getting the PF for $310-$320 which is a good deal. If it doesn't look good, I should be able to recoup my cost and sell it to someone
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #1905
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Spook has her at 15% off plus global free shipping. Finally took a bite (on Flex though) for $360 shipped. It's like getting the PF for $310-$320 which is a good deal. If it doesn't look good, I should be able to recoup my cost and sell it to someone
I own this lovely statue. It really does look so much better in person! You’ll have to see and decide for yourself when you get it in hand. I pre ordered the exclusive, but if I did not, I would be all over this current deal with free shipping.
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #1906
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
I own this lovely statue. It really does look so much better in person! You’ll have to see and decide for yourself when you get it in hand. I pre ordered the exclusive, but if I did not, I would be all over this current deal with free shipping.
Hoping so...I'll have to repaint the base though. Don't like the brown color.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #1907
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I bought the Supergirl PF and think it looks great in person. But I’m also hoping the next Supergirl PF is based on this:

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #1908
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Hoping so...I'll have to repaint the base though. Don't like the brown color.
The paint app on the base looks realistic. In person, they look like actual meteorite to me. But definitely if you feel a repaint is required you can.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #1909
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I bought the Supergirl PF and think it looks great in person. But I’m also hoping the next Supergirl PF is based on this:

Wow, beautiful art by Artgerm! Is that the new 52 costume?
Old 10-28-2017, 04:24 PM   #1910
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post

Basically she looks younger than the current pf.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote