Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #7101
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Ya 35lbs doesn't sound like a lot until you try to lift it. Grab a 35lbs kettle bell and swing it around - it's not exactly easy!
Nope, your right. 35 pounds is heavy and solid for most if not all 1:4 statues, depending on the size of the base.

I just don't want a 10 pound paper weight.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #7102
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Ya 35lbs doesn't sound like a lot until you try to lift it. Grab a 35lbs kettle bell and swing it around - it's not exactly easy!
You forgot to mention most of these statues unlike a kettle bell doesn't have a universal lifting point. If your lifting a barbell you grab it from the middle. You lifting a 35 pound statue getting a grip on it is a pain. Again people won't realize this unless they lifting these things often. Most just put it on their shelves dust it ever so often and it's a done deal.

Change your display often and we will see how you like lifting xm pieces.

If argument can be made that cost increase should also make statues heavy im all for that and I agree but saying heavier is better then light is ridiculous as a lot of well high rated statues in the community are not heavy at all punisher comiquette being one of them.

Even heavy statues had breaks pcs stated their heavy akuma still had a lot of breakages in legs so heavy also not more durable.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #7103
Legion564
Mephisto

How many more days for him again?
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:52 AM   #7104
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Nope, your right. 35 pounds is heavy and solid for most if not all 1:4 statues, depending on the size of the base.

I just don't want a 10 pound paper weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
You forgot to mention most of these statues unlike a kettle bell doesn't have a universal lifting point. If your lifting a barbell you grab it from the middle. You lifting a 35 pound statue getting a grip on it is a pain. Again people won't realize this unless they lifting these things often. Most just put it on their shelves dust it ever so often and it's a done deal.

Change your display often and we will see how you like lifting xm pieces.

If argument can be made that cost increase should also make statues heavy im all for that and I agree but saying heavier is better then light is ridiculous as a lot of well high rated statues in the community are not heavy at all punisher comiquette being one of them.

Even heavy statues had breaks pcs stated their heavy akuma still had a lot of breakages in legs so heavy also not more durable.
Totally agreed with both of you. I don't want an egg shell, but I don't need 50lbs of statue that is impossible to move and handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
How many more days for him again?
131 days until march 1st (I high balled my countdown)
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #7105
Y3E
Gen 13

120+

Quote:
Totally agreed with both of you. I don't want an egg shell, but I don't need 50lbs of statue that is impossible to move and handle.
If the statues are made right (shape wise) moving them is not too bad. OG Hulk and my 1/4 Juggs are both 50lbs and I hold them like I am lifting babies, both hands under the armpits
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:59 AM   #7106
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Too many!
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #7107
gem_mint
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

try lifting XM Ghost Rider. Not so much the weight, just all the pieces, the width... I wouldnt even try it.
gem_mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #7108
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
120+

If the statues are made right (shape wise) moving them is not too bad. OG Hulk and my 1/4 Juggs are both 50lbs and I hold them like I am lifting babies, both hands under the armpits
I have a 1/6 scale Hulk and Juggs ...so I can imagine them being 50lbs. Poor shelfs!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #7109
krzykoopa
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Listen, I moved 2x in the past few years. Moving statues period is a pain in the ass, like exhausting work. It sucks BUT I never want this step in the design process (it would be easier to move if we adjust this here to....). I personally don't care about how heavy it is, if there is no compromise to longevity than heavy or not im happy.
krzykoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #7110
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I have a 1/6 scale Hulk and Juggs ...so I can imagine them being 50lbs. Poor shelfs!
Juggs is huge that is why its so heavy. I had to add a support under the shelf because I was afraid it might

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=161050
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote