Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #41
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't really see why this was necessary, but apparently there was enough people b1tching that they thought this was needed:

Quote:
Due to the vast amount of feedback we received on our 18" Rain statue, we have decided to put his pre-orders on hold whilst we re-sculpt him. We were aware of your concerns and comments and we are re-doing him to ensure your satisfaction. We really do listen to what you, the fans, have to say. We will provide you with some new images of Rain as soon as we have them available and then his pre-orders will go live again. We apologize for this, but, it is to really ensure that you get the best possible product!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #42
CelestaDragon93
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I also read that on facebook. I'm wondering if Syco either sculpts their statues as one big piece, or separate pieces like Sideshow Collectibles. For example, if it's Rain's eyes and facial expression they have to tweak, then just redo the head. I don't think it's necessary to redo the entire statue. I still think it looks great overall.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #43
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Whoa... They're redoing the entire thing? That's a bit of a surprise.

I thought it looked really great. I did see what people meant with his upper body beeing a bit oversized though.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
kingofhobbies
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erihppas View Post
Whoa... They're redoing the entire thing? That's a bit of a surprise.

I thought it looked really great. I did see what people meant with his upper body beeing a bit oversized though.
i had a word with Syco general manager, he was convinced that Rain proportions werent correct, and it was necessary for it to redo the whole sculpt, as he couldnt fix only the legs, like this the size in general will be out of scale
Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #45
Erihppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhobbies View Post
i had a word with Syco general manager, he was convinced that Rain proportions werent correct, and it was necessary for it to redo the whole sculpt, as he couldnt fix only the legs, like this the size in general will be out of scale
I see. Interesting! The proportions aren't 100% I guess. That's true.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #46
A R E S
The Spirit

It's easy to see that the upper part of the body is too big, so i'm glad they are redoing the statue.
I absolutely don't like the first 1:4 Sub Zero, and Ermac was very bland at first too, but now syco seems to really get into the game. The green hands for ermac, the sub-zero/scorpion diorama and a special water base for rain. I see a bright future for sycos mk line if they keep going like that.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #47
Erihppas

I really like the touches on the new Sub-zero one with the base encapsulated in ice and all. It's really cool!

Can't wait to see the 10 inch Sindel and hopefully another 18 inch for one of the female characters! Jade would be great, for instance.

Closed Thread