Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #261
manboy
Sinister Six

that light up feature will be nothing but problems in the long run. Glad I passed on this.
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #262
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Never in the listing did it say you get two head sculpts. It only stated that the EX got the light-up feature. Anything that was assumed by the buyers is on you.

I would think that the better argument to switch to the regular version is not liking how they have set-up the light-up feature as you're concerned about longterm QC.
Sideshow is abandoning past practices, confusing consumers, and it seems that not even the support team is aware of this issue. By stating that it's up to the consumers to figure out that Sideshow is abandoning past practices is essentially providing the company with cover when the company is actively being deceptive.

I know Limmic personally and discussed his conversation with the rep on the phone. The rep was also under the assumption that an EX would be an extra portrait. The one he talked to via text mentioned that you would get "extra accessories."

Listen, I LOVE Sideshow. They have made good whenever there was an issue. I love their statues. But please, don't be an apologist for the company when it is clearly violating past standards, as it gives them permission to continue deceptive practices.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #263
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
That is true if the exclusive was listed as an alternate portrait. So, before you call me dismissive, perhaps you should read my statement again. How is it dismissive to state that the statue NEVER came with two portraits? The portrait was the same, one lights up, the other doesn't. Never in the sales listing did it state a buyer receives BOTH. It clearly states the exclusive comes with the light-up feature.

So again, you make that assumption as a buyer, that is on you. Sideshow never stated two portraits. And they have always been pretty damn transparent on what pieces get with your orders.

I'd be interesting in finding out more about those head piece materials. You're right it seems odd. I would think that polystone might be correct because would they need to be worried about PVC and heat from the light-up feature?
The wording is nearly identical on other similar statues. But, if you want to get into semantics, under the EX version for Cheetara, they are claiming that the EX portrait is polystone when it's clearly not as polystone isn't translucent. You would NEED to have plastic eyes for the light up feature. So, there you go--their product description is incorrect.

They're violating past practices and you're excusing it with semantics. I don't know of a single person who assumed that there wouldn't be two portraits for this statue.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:34 PM   #264
Augen
Metal Men

Never cared about light up or EX myself, but feel bad for those disappointed.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #265
adee
Green Arrow

I’m outta the loop and confused, so the ex is a plastic light up head and the reg is a polystone head? Or both are plastic and one doesn’t light up?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #266
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
that light up feature will be nothing but problems in the long run. Glad I passed on this.
Exactly why I believe light up features on statues like this are a total waste of resources. I hate them.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #267
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I’m outta the loop and confused, so the ex is a plastic light up head and the reg is a polystone head? Or both are plastic and one doesn’t light up?

The EX is a light up. SSC don't say the EX is a second head. So, one head without light up for the collector edition, and one head only but with the light up for the exclusive.
It's confusing, yes, but my advice: read carefully before signing.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #268
French Cancan
Deadman

A very attractive statue, even without light up...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:46 PM   #269
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Demona, I would recommend reading your posts before you hit submit. If your intention is not to upset people, then you may want to reword things a little. Referring to your previous post.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:23 PM   #270
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I have no interest in buying this piece but in my opinion from reading this from their page:

ABOUT THIS STATUE
“Fortune favors the bold.”

Sideshow presents the Cheetara Statue, a bold new addition to the ThunderCats Collection.

Cheetara the Swift measures 15.5” tall as she lunges into battle atop a clawed Cats’ Lair inspired base. She holds her bo staff behind her in this dynamic, energetic pose showcasing the grace and strength of this fierce female Thunderian noble.

The polystone Cheetara Statue features a stylish sculpted costume that draws inspiration from her classic cartoon appearance with an updated aesthetic for Sideshow’s ThunderCats collection. As a dexterous fighter and weapons expert, Cheetara is clad in a yellow and orange jumpsuit detailed with striking silver accents and a red ThunderCats crest. She has feline features, including clawed hands and feet with protective gauntlets and greaves as well as cheetah spots on her hair and shoulders. Around her neck is a gold-colored choker, and her fierce red eyes are surrounded by Cheetara’s signature orange facial markings.

Pair Cheetara with the Lion-O Statue and have them face off for the fate of Thundera against the evil Mumm-Ra Statue as a part of Sideshow’s exciting ThunderCats collection!

The Exclusive Edition of the Cheetara Statue includes a light-up feature in the eyes. Activate Cheetara’s mysterious sixth sense with this exclusive figure.

ThunderCats are loose- in your collection! Act swiftly and don’t miss your chance to bring home the Cheetara Statue for your own lair of epic ThunderCats collectibles.

Brand
ThunderCats
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles
Type
Statue
Artists
Mark Newman (Sculpt)
Ian MacDonald (Design)
Alex Pascenko (Design)
Jean-Paul Mavinga (Design)
Kat Sapene (Paint)
Jeff Camp (Paint)
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Materials
Polystone

Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm. For exposures to both listed carcinogens and reproductive toxicants.
Product Size
Height: 15.5" (393.7 mm) | Width: 13.25" (336.55 mm) | Depth: 12" (304.8 mm) | *
Dimensional Weight
0.00 lbs (0 kg) [Intl. 0.00 lbs (0 kg)] *
* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
UPC
THUNDERCATS and all related characters and elements TM Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and © WBEI and Ted Wolf. (s19)

Sideshow does NOT make it clear that the EX version will not include the regular head and I think it is deceptive. Or is this amateur hour at Sideshow or they just don't feel the need? Thanks to others on this forum for pointing these type of things out.

If I compare a sample from XM's page from a different piece:

The Darkseid (Rebirth) Premium Collectibles statue features:

Two (2) Right Arm: 1 holding Superman’s battered cape, 1 with clenched fist.
Two (2) Headsculpt
Battlefield base showing signs of Justice League in battle with Darkseid.
Crafted in cold cast porcelain.
Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish
ES: 399

Or Prime One:

Specifications:
Statue Size approx. 35 inches tall [H:87.8cm W:73.3cm D:57.8cm
Head Stand Bust Size approx. 8 inches tall [H:20.7cm W:13.2cm D:10.5cm]
One (1) specially designed base
LED light-up feature on base
Three (3) Head Stands Bust
Four (4) Alternate Portraits (Normal, Bruce Wayne, Clenched jaw, Smirk)
Three (3) Swappable Left Hand Parts (Grappling Hook, Batarang, Gripped Hand)
One (1) Early Pre-Order Bonus Portrait (Limited to 999pcs)

Or maybe Sideshow just doesn't want to commit and leave their options open. Yeah buddy...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote