Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-25-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
Y3E
Gen 13

Elden Ring

Anyone playing this game yet? Is it worth they hype?

Hopefully, Purolator will deliver my copy today
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:36 AM   #2
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I haven't played it yet, but i have seen it on steam and watched some in game videos. It looks something like a Dark Souls game, only improved. There are mounts you can ride and you can fight on a mount but it says -HARD- on the game desciribtion just like it said on The Dark Souls games... So there is no way, i get this game. Dark Souls was extremely hard, unplayable for me.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
Mister H
Green Goblin

The game looks great but I'm a total pansy when it comes to video games.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Pansy. lol

Such a great word.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:07 PM   #5
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I haven't played it yet, but i have seen it on steam and watched some in game videos. It looks something like a Dark Souls game, only improved. There are mounts you can ride and you can fight on a mount but it says -HARD- on the game desciribtion just like it said on The Dark Souls games... So there is no way, i get this game. Dark Souls was extremely hard, unplayable for me.
It is the same developer as Demons's Souls, Bloodbourne, Sekiro, so yes, very difficult.

I've tried these games and they are well made, but I'm older and have limited video game time. I can't really spend hours learning mechanics the way I did in NES/SNES days.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:33 PM   #6
Y3E
Gen 13

Dark Souls 3 was my first souls game and to be honest, I wanted to quit at the first boss. Took me about 20 tries to beat him. More frustrations and cursing as I continued to play but I smarten up and learned the move sets of the characters and bosses. Now, DS3 is a breeze to play, even when I create a new character and start from scratch. The best part of the souls games is summoning real players from anywhere in the world to help me in the game or me going to someone else's game to help them. That's the most fun. Also, to have a real player invade your game, trying to kill you, puts the game at another level of fun.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:36 PM   #7
Y3E
Gen 13

Anyways, I received my copy of Elden Ring and I'm about 2 hours into the game and unlike the other souls game, this is an open world and you can head off to any direction.

The graphics are gorgeous and the game mechanics are the same as the other souls games. Looking forward to playing a lot more. If only I had more free time
Old 03-06-2022, 08:18 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Just bought Elden Ring on Steam. Installing right now. My steam controller hasn't arrived yet... I think i won't be able to play until it arrives. It is a super hard game, but the idea of riding a fantastic mount on an open world with such fantastic graphics sounded good to me. xD
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:50 PM   #9
Y3E
Gen 13

I am 165 hours into the game and I am in the process of unlocking the last map. I do know I haven't fought all the sub bosses (I read there are 85 bosses) or visit every area of the map. This game is huge and so many things to do. Many places have more than one boss. It can be a p.i.t.a at times but there's great satisfaction in beating the boss. I know I will have to start another round just to finish some of the in game character questlines.
Old 03-27-2022, 10:52 PM   #10
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post

Looking forward to playing a lot more. If only I had more free time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I am 165 hours into the game.

I’m glad you found that free time. LMAO

I will say I’m right there with you..I was originally never a fan of the Souls games, just frustratingly hard and so linear. This however is awesome. Loving this so far. I’m only 25 hours in so I got a long ways to go..but definitely one of my favorite games. So satisfying when you level up and then go back and destroy the same boss who one hit you a levels ago. I?d give this an easy 9/10..could use a little tweak here and there but definitely worth the price of admission.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote