Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2022, 12:32 PM   #1
Mister H
Gen 13

Vitali Klitschko!

Klitschko, a Ukrainian and mayor of Kyiv, former member of the Ukrainian Parliament. He?s a former heavyweight boxing champion and has a net worth of millions of dollars. He could be comfortable in another country right now but he?s in the Ukraine and ready to fight.

He was a boxing role model of mine in my short boxing career. Now I have even more respect for the man because of his character. His brother Vladimir, also a great former heavyweight, is with him. I hope things go as well as they can for both men and their country.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 01:31 PM   #2
Asgard
Deadman

I am so sad and so angry about Russia's attack on Ukraine. And I am ashamed of our German politicians. Above all ex-Chancellor Gerhardt Schroeder.

But I think Ukraine is lost. There is no one stopping Putin.

My thoughts are with the women and men who are fighting for their right to freedom and democracy in Ukraine
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #3
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I read that article about the brothers. I see even the former Ukrainian president is back and fighting as well. Very brave men.

I wonder how many of our former presidents would take up arms to fight off an occupying force.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:15 PM   #4
spriggan
The Spirit

These brothers show how brave they are and how much they love their country. I respect them even more now.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:23 AM   #5
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

That's just propaganda. As a boxing fan, I can tell you that industry is almost as corrupt as the Ukranian government. NATO put weapons in Ukraine pointed at Russia and is now shocked by the invasion. Russia had one request to NATO. Don't mess with Ukraine. The Ukranian military is toast. The leaders of Ukraine are arming regular people in hopes that the Russian military will kill some of them and they can escalate this conflict into WW3. I pray for the people of Ukraine, but not the demonic leaders.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #6
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
That's just propaganda. As a boxing fan, I can tell you that industry is almost as corrupt as the Ukranian government. NATO put weapons in Ukraine pointed at Russia and is now shocked by the invasion. Russia had one request to NATO. Don't mess with Ukraine. The Ukranian military is toast. The leaders of Ukraine are arming regular people in hopes that the Russian military will kill some of them and they can escalate this conflict into WW3. I pray for the people of Ukraine, but not the demonic leaders.
That's an interesting take. I'll have to research the NATO aspect of your post. Now boxing is of course pretty corrupt, has been for some time. To what extent the Klitscko bros. took part in it I don't know. I do know that Vladimir had been champ for 10 years or more and hasn't been given his proper due IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:01 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I was chatting with my russian translator and he said Ukraine government did horrible things in donbass region before Russia invade to interfare. I don't know what are those horrible things, i didn't ask but this was what he said. And i also heard the Nato part. Nato put weapons in Ukraine against Russia and America and Europe were so insistant on getting Ukraine into Nato against Russia.

I don't think Putin is the kind of leader who will invade somewhere without any reason.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #8
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't think Putin is the kind of leader who will invade somewhere without any reason.
Ukraine discovered massive gas reserves. Russia is a gas country. If Ukraine became competition (with help from BP, Shell, and Exxon) they'd be in trouble. The initial gas were found under the Black Sea, hence the taking of Crimea (plus being a warm water port). That was cut off (see fresh water issues) and more were found so you take those provinces as well. Putin didn't think there would be this sort of collective pushback as the Russian markets and currency collapse. Now Ukraine wants to be in EU and Sweden and Finland want to be in NATO, Germany is increasing investment in defense for first time in decades, Switzerland is freezing assets, China is backing off any sense of being an ally, and everyone wants to push to get off gas dependence.

Rich elites trying to secure interests and who suffers? The common people, most of all Ukrainians, and then Russians caught in the middle.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #9
ukshaun
Hercules

Where is it all heading?
Vladimir Putin is all but finished..
When a nut-job is finished, he will not hang around to face charges, he might choose to bailout. I am sure he has it in him to launch Nuke's.
It's shocking, one old-man can do what he is doing.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:07 PM   #10
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Ukraine discovered massive gas reserves. Russia is a gas country. If Ukraine became competition (with help from BP, Shell, and Exxon) they'd be in trouble. The initial gas were found under the Black Sea, hence the taking of Crimea (plus being a warm water port). That was cut off (see fresh water issues) and more were found so you take those provinces as well. Putin didn't think there would be this sort of collective pushback as the Russian markets and currency collapse. Now Ukraine wants to be in EU and Sweden and Finland want to be in NATO, Germany is increasing investment in defense for first time in decades, Switzerland is freezing assets, China is backing off any sense of being an ally, and everyone wants to push to get off gas dependence.

Rich elites trying to secure interests and who suffers? The common people, most of all Ukrainians, and then Russians caught in the middle.
China is actually helping to fund Russia. Funny thing is none of this pushback will happen if China invades Taiwan. Too much money. Hollywood and the NBA will be silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Where is it all heading?
Vladimir Putin is all but finished..
When a nut-job is finished, he will not hang around to face charges, he might choose to bailout. I am sure he has it in him to launch Nuke's.
It's shocking, one old-man can do what he is doing.
Charges for what? For switching Ukraine's puppet master? We need military tribunals over covid. This conflict is just a distraction from that.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote