Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 03-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
MMMMRitz
Kindly Asked To Leave

Comissioning Todd McFarlane???

That Ron Lim thread had me think of something. Does anyone on here have pull to comission a piece from Todd McFarlane? Or is he too high up and busy with everything hes got going on (action figures, etc)? I'd really like a big @$$ spidey piece done by him, for whatever price...
MMMMRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

his royal highness? probably too busy with his hockeyteam or whatever he's into now.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I would think that if he did accept a commission it would cost you major, major $$$$. You could probably do just as well seeking a commission from any one of the fabulous sculptors we have right here.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon 't Hoen
his royal highness? probably too busy with his hockeyteam or whatever he's into now.
Don't you mean bankruptcy? The Tony Twist ruling that went against him has really screwed him up financially.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

I don't think the bankruptcy thing is going to hurt him. It's my understanding that it's part of the process in defending yourself from such an asinine lawsuit.
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #6
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelscott
I don't think the bankruptcy thing is going to hurt him. It's my understanding that it's part of the process in defending yourself from such an asinine lawsuit.
I agree that it was a suit that, in my opinion, really didn't have a lot of merit.

However, he has thrown a lot of cash around on sports collectibles/memorablia that it'll be much harder to do now.

I'm still happy Diamond finally made him resolicit a year's (or so) worth of Spawn.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:10 PM   #7
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2
I agree that it was a suit that, in my opinion, really didn't have a lot of merit.
I totally agree with that statement. If you do a little digging you can find that Tony Twist has also sued a motorcycle company for a crash that he was found to be at fault for for wrecklessness. I remember reading that he also sued another company for a similar issue. Hell, if he came to this site, he probably sue me for saying his suit is asinine....
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #8
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

This was actually the second time around for this suit. Back in the late 90s, a Jury found McFarlane guilty and awarded Tony Twist about $22 Million. It was overturned, hence this second trisl/verdict. Chances are that this one will be overturned as well.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote