Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #241
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I got mine last week from a friend in Brazil. It's a beautiful statue. It's also pain in the ass to assemble. Make sure you are rested when putting it together and take your time. Once it's assembled it is solid. Spidey has an insane amount of detail on him.

Frankly I prefer it over the OG comiquette from SSC, which I also own.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:16 AM   #242
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

glad to hear! Can't wait to hear SSC continuing him.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:01 PM   #243
xforce
Hydra

Just got my new one from sideshow today...it was worth the wait to get a new one with the redesign. What is interesting is what is the new final run number on these. The reason I ask is they only remade statues for people that specifically agreed to the few months wait time. I wonder what the final run was. I was originally 856 my new statue is 432
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:29 PM   #244
Shoo
Hercules

As a potential buyer down the road, I wonder if there's any way to know beforehand whether a Spidey statue we might consider getting is the original piece or the 'redesigned' one. It'd worry me to be stuck with a stinker.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #245
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
As a potential buyer down the road, I wonder if there's any way to know beforehand whether a Spidey statue we might consider getting is the original piece or the 'redesigned' one. It'd worry me to be stuck with a stinker.
There were a few good ones out of the first run, the redesign fixed a few of the weak points of the original so I am excited to get the 2nd version if you want to call it that. They originally said I would be getting the same number one but I think most people opted for the refund and said not thank you so the second run was pretty small so they didnt make 800 plus
Old 01-30-2017, 06:30 PM   #246
Shoo
Hercules

So no way to know. :/ Oh, well.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #247
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Just got my new one from sideshow today...it was worth the wait to get a new one with the redesign. What is interesting is what is the new final run number on these. The reason I ask is they only remade statues for people that specifically agreed to the few months wait time. I wonder what the final run was. I was originally 856 my new statue is 432
Did they notify you ahead of time? I still haven't gotten word at all about my payment plan starting back up.

Edit: NVM, Just pulled up order and shows they have my plan starting back up in a couple months. Wonder why it is so delayed.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #248
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Did they notify you ahead of time? I still haven't gotten word at all about my payment plan starting back up.

Edit: NVM, Just pulled up order and shows they have my plan starting back up in a couple months. Wonder why it is so delayed.
I ordered mine way back paid for it and got a defective one. I was told I could get a full refund or wait for a new one. I said I would wait. While I waited every month they sent me an email stating I could get the refund any time. I said no I will wait and finally got a new one. I heard they redesigned a few things that were wrong with the first one.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #249
xforce
Hydra

This to me personally is the nicest spider man statue I have ever seen, super ambitious, very creative, and hyper dynamic. I will be keeping this one as my definitive spider man piece in my collection
Old 01-31-2017, 04:23 PM   #250
xforce
Hydra

Hope sideshow allows you to order them soon