Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #131
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

Hey Chockles, thanks to you and Alex for being so open to fan input. I wrote a long critique on the facebook page and I was really pleasantly surprised to see that you guys responded to it. That's part of the reason why I have like 16 F4F pieces already.

Anyways if it's at all possible, I think this poster is really on to something with the face changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21231063_10157228344294988_3217471496522064716_n.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	107615  
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:44 PM   #132
jstatueforum
Doh!

Awesome news - would there be an option to have a knife in hand rather than the firearm?
jstatueforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:52 AM   #133
ALF_1
Justice League

Please, as others have mentioned please have Snake with his classic SOCOM pistol as well as a swap out holding knife even though the Knife came in later games. Also, we dont know if we will get more versions of Snake so a swap out knife would be a nice option to have.

Please, include special DOGTAGS!

Please, consider with the Cloaked version to have a special bonus of Dogtags given.

When you sneak up on an enemy you can get them to surrender their Dogtags and it would be cool if that was an added bonus for the sneaking vesion of Snake.

The base Im sorry to say is too generic for MGS1 and the base should be more iconic as maybe a representation of him behind corridor doors or the area when he first begins the game as well as there should be definitely a camera somewhere on the base that Snake is hiding from. Maybe a poster of a sexy girl on the wall like in the games. Maybe, a button that plays the sound when the Camera notices you or the iconic saying when you die,
"Snake, Snake Snaaaaake." Also, he is not completely hiding behind the wall where the gun and part of his back is visible. That should be corrected so he is not exposed from behind the wall.

I like the floating ammo and you should still add a Card Board box accesorry with Hot Toys level detail for the cardboard box. Maybe, with an easter egg fact or image written on the box, secrets from the game.

Please add a little COA booklet that has facts about MGS1 as well as please make Metal COA's. A Metal COA for "Metal" Gear Solid is a must, please consider. If you look at the Metal Card that comes with Sonic Mania Collectors edition game recently released by Sega that will give you an idea on what your COA's should be like, but the only difference would be to have the Metal COA as big as the standard size COA's on the market like PCS... A Metal COA gives a much better elegant touch when displaying the piece versus the old cardboard COA that everyone uses traditionally...

Also, they should have a nice Hologram Sticker on the COA for that official look.. Maybe allowing the collector to put the hologram sticker on themselves like you have done with a past release so it can be placed on straight without any errors.. Companies always put holograms on crooked and last time my Zelda BOW fig had the Hologram sticker put on where the factory messed up and part of the "VOID" Can be seen as if they placed it on wrong the first time, then tried to fix it.. So please include a Hologram we can attach to the Metal COA. I appreciate any considerstions you take on Fan suggestions. Thanks again... Twin Snakes pack I am excited for and I hope the changes with the SOCOM and maybe a better base will get me to buy.

Also, he is not completely hiding behind the wall where the gun and part of his back is visible. That should be corrected so he is not exposed from behind the wall to easily be discovered. The wall he hides behind should be slightly taller and filled out to completely hide Snake's visibility.

Is there something special happening for Day One Purchases like you do with other releases?
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:36 AM   #134
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstatueforum View Post
Awesome news - would there be an option to have a knife in hand rather than the firearm?
Solid Snake never used a knife.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:57 AM   #135
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Solid Snake never used a knife.
He uses a knife in the later games. Even though this is based on MGS 1 they could still include a knife since we dont know if F4F will even make another version of Snake, so they might as well add the knife now. Just like how PCS recently added the Classic Dhalsim portrait to now be included with the Modern SFV Dhalsim allowing the collector to mix old with new...

He got the knife when CQC was added to later games, but it would still be cool for this to have an included knife.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:57 AM   #136
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
He uses a knife in the later games. Even though this is based on MGS 1 they could still include a knife since we dont know if F4F will even make another version of Snake, so they might as well add the knife now. Just like how PCS recently added the Classic Dhalsim portrait to now be included with the Modern SFV Dhalsim allowing the collector to mix old with new...

He got the knife when CQC was added to later games, but it would still be cool for this to have an included knife.
If they do MGS3 Snake, I agree, he should have a knife. Not Solid 1 Dave.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:49 AM   #137
jinkazama
Cobra Command

It would be cool if F4F make another Solid Snake statue in the future, and included a cardboard box as part of the statue[as they did with the ammo box for this statue].
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:37 AM   #138
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
If they do MGS3 Snake, I agree, he should have a knife. Not Solid 1 Dave.
I know Solid 1 does not have a knife, but with F4F its never guranteed we will see anymore versions of Snake besides this one, so companies like PCS does a mix of classic and modern. F4F can add the Knife as a swap out for collectors that dont mind mixing classic with new. It will give the collector more options and who knows If fans will ever see a MGS 3 Snake and if there is it could be many years away from even happening.

Having added swap outs to a statue does not raise costs a lot at all and even though Snake did not use a knife in MGS 1 there are collectors that still want to display him with CQC even if it came in a later game.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:11 AM   #139
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I know Solid 1 does not have a knife, but with F4F its never guranteed we will see anymore versions of Snake besides this one, so companies like PCS does a mix of classic and modern. F4F can add the Knife as a swap out for collectors that dont mind mixing classic with new. It will give the collector more options and who knows If fans will ever see a MGS 3 Snake and if there is it could be many years away from even happening.

Having added swap outs to a statue does not raise costs a lot at all and even though Snake did not use a knife in MGS 1 there are collectors that still want to display him with CQC even if it came in a later game.

I don't think there are much. The most of what I read on FB now is that they want a change to the "original" look of him. There no one mentioned a knife or a CQC pose by example. CQC was introduced in MGS3 with Naked Snake. It would just not fit if they'll add it here. It is one thing to mix modern with classic look that we can all discuss (although I would still prefer classic look in here) but to put an item to the statue that doesn't exist in the game?
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #140
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I don't want F4F to take the path of Prime1 (which put non sense base on berserk statue ) or PCS. It's a Solid Snake from MGS 1, so no knife belongs here!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote