Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #541
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Well I purchased mine with rewards and this Mr Freeze is awesome . Nobody is doing another one in this scale and I hated Prime 1s so....

I also don’t buy many 1/4s I waited for this one. Price is not going down ever again so people need to get over it . The old days are long gone
I don't judge you, Freeze looks great and if there is nothing else that remotely interests you it's cool and I'm happy that you can get the figure you wanted for a long time.

But considering price:
Most statue companies actually haven't had crazy price hikes like Sideshow.

Examples:
1. Blizzard Collectibles still offers roughly 1/4 scale statues from WoW for 350€/$

2. DC Direct prices increased a bit, but it's not insane

3. Prime 1 offers almost the same prices as 2-3 years ago, some comparable pieces (size / license) seem to be cheaper than 3 years ago while also being lower ES...

4. XM Studios price didn't really change alot, still MTO with tiny ES.
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #542
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
This logic is where you fail as a collector. You are just buying into what Sideshow wants you to believe, this is what it is...this is how it is...it's never gonna be better...hurry up and buy.

This piece was a testing of the waters for Sideshow...and you took the bait. You bought into it. Why? Because FOMO? because it's never gonna be cheaper, i'll tell ya...never ever we MUST buy now or else. LMAO.

I'll bump this post in 18 months when it's on ebay with a 4 or 5 infront of the price.
No one needs to justify to you why they buy a piece. He likes it and can afford it. Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make it a fail.

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #543
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
This logic is where you fail as a collector. You are just buying into what Sideshow wants you to believe, this is what it is...this is how it is...it's never gonna be better...hurry up and buy.

This piece was a testing of the waters for Sideshow...and you took the bait. You bought into it. Why? Because FOMO? because it's never gonna be cheaper, i'll tell ya...never ever we MUST buy now or else. LMAO.

I'll bump this post in 18 months when it's on ebay with a 4 or 5 infront of the price.
Luckily there are other options, just not for a 1/4 Freeze currently.

I personally think you're prediction is right given Sideshows track record with rather big ES, but if a fellow collector decides to PO we shouldn't judge him/her, just because we disagree on pricing.

But if Sideshow goes for something like 300EX/600CE this could be a pretty popular piece, even though I don't believe it.

I think Sideshow has one flaw in their logic, they can't raise prices while keeping huge ES.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #544
nearmint
Phoenix

Seems like the idea of competition bringing down prices is dead. It seems to be having the opposite effect.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #545
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I feel that every piece is a litmus test. This piece in particular troubles me going forward as a collector.

Based on the teaser, I had the intention of purchasing. After seeing the reveal, I was quite disappointed. This is a very plain looking PF, with really nothing special about it. I have a bad feeling that the paint apps on this are going to be lackluster, especially for the tubing area. Given the changes to the new GL PF, I fear the worst.

I've decided not to add filler pieces to my collection. Although I do want a Freeze, there's really nothing about this piece that has enticed me to purchase, especially for that price.

As a Canadian, Sideshow prices are now equivalent to XM(and shipping is not that far off anymore). Collectible companies will have to work hard to pry the money from my hands if they want me to consider purchasing.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #546
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Seems like the idea of competition bringing down prices is dead. It seems to be having the opposite effect.
But only on Sideshow? Or did other companies have comparable price increases that I don't see?
Old 05-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #547
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
No one needs to justify to you why they buy a piece. He likes it and can afford it. Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make it a fail.

You're clearly missing the point.

This has nothing to do with what he likes or what he can afford.

this has everything to due with Subby trying to convince us that this horribly overpriced uninspired statue is the new norm and we need to get over it.

it's almost like he works for Sideshow and is trying to manipulate the market here on SF. if he is it ain't working. If he's an actual collector, it's only making himself look lost in the cyclone of collecting.

Quote:
Price is not going down ever again so people need to get over it . The old days are long gone:
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #548
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Take a hike pal! You’re not convinced then jog on. I bought it , it’s a great statue imo and nobody is doing another for ages. I think there are subtle details in this costume that the pics don’t show just yet and for me it’s great.

90% of my collection is XM
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #549
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Let’s compare collections sometime we can then judge who fails as a collector ok! I’ve got a collection page “ my humble collection “ check it out sometime

I had 200.00 in rewards points so I bought it . What did I bite into?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #550
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Theres hardly a competition, SS holds the major 1/4 licenses.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote