Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #121
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
Ok, I'm all in on this. Ordered Direct from Iron Studios to get their free shipping. Both wings version for $1,500. The wait begins.
Congrats! I feel like both wing choices are equally great! Have you ordered anything from them directly before?
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #122
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I would be hesitant to buy anything direct from their store. I purchased 2 items from their store in January and still have not received them. Their customer service while polite has not refunded or got my items to me. I say all this cause I used the free shipping promo on these items also. They went to DHL which looks like it was supposed to be handed off to the USPS. I still don't have my items or my money. I ordered direct from them before and PAID for shipping and I got FedEx which in my experience is worlds more competent than DHL or the USPS. I received those items in good order. I personally will not be ordering anything anymore from their storefront especially something as expensive as this.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #123
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I would be hesitant to buy anything direct from their store. I purchased 2 items from their store in January and still have not received them. Their customer service while polite has not refunded or got my items to me. I say all this cause I used the free shipping promo on these items also. They went to DHL which looks like it was supposed to be handed off to the USPS. I still don't have my items or my money. I ordered direct from them before and PAID for shipping and I got FedEx which in my experience is worlds more competent than DHL or the USPS. I received those items in good order. I personally will not be ordering anything anymore from their storefront especially something as expensive as this.
Wow .. I'm really sorry to hear about all the issues you had with them directly Commander. The experience you've just listed here is why I appreciate this Forum so much, it allows all of us to give each other useful feedbacks to all the questions we have - THANK YOU.

I'll just go the usual route and order through Secret Compass or Sideshow then. At least I'll know everything will be guaranteed when it comes to returns and refunds.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #124
gearhead
The Herculoids

Ordered. Both wings from Sideshow. Like myskye23 said, this was nowhere near my radar but it's just too incredibly bad ass to pass up. Both wings is a no brainer. If you're already in for $1200 what's a few hundred more for what is possibly the best switch out ever on a statue. I don't know where I'm gonna put him, but he's on his way.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #125
Sjb
Justice League

Never ordered direct from Iron Studios before. Hopefully everything will be ok. I don’t think they can ship a package that large through USPS. Anyway, I agree this piece was too awesome to pass up.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #126
mars
The Spirit

Definitely what to get this, both wing version to good to pass up.

As this is not an SS exclusive I am going to wait until I can get it locally, save on tax plus I can get free shipping
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #127
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Saw this post too late.

Sorry to hear about your experience and it only heightens the trepidation I already had.

Free Shipping for something this large and likely heavy would represent a huge discount off the final tab, but no doubt if problems occur (also likely in some form IMO) it would be much easier to deal with Sideshow to resolve them.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #128
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I am thinking of picking this up. I don't have any IS pieces. Any worries about quality here? All my experience is with SS and XM. It certainly looks impressive
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #129
pdenham
Teen Titans

Would love to hear more feedback on direct purchases from IS for US customers.

I've got a few hours to still request a cancelation and not lose the deposit.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 PM   #130
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
I am thinking of picking this up. I don't have any IS pieces. Any worries about quality here? All my experience is with SS and XM. It certainly looks impressive

I don't think you're going to have a problem with this I've got the IS Darth Vader and that is an awesome piece I'm expecting this to be just as good even better
mars is offline   Reply With Quote