Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #31
SONICobra
Batman

if i were to ever pick up a 1:2 it would be for one of these two (or both )
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:16 PM   #32
azurepred
Zot

wow, this looks really good so far. A lot of people are going to be looking for Joker now.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #33
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
wow, this looks really good so far. A lot of people are going to be looking for Joker now.
I had a chance to get him cheap and passed. It's a shame, undersized with a poor choice for expression. Queen might be doing one too though, the 1/3 they are currently working on looks great.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:47 PM   #34
azurepred
Zot

It's not undersized though. That was debunked a long time ago. The JL pieces are just too big. Superman shouldn't be 3inches taller than Joker when the actors are/were the same height.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:53 PM   #35
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
It's not undersized though. That was debunked a long time ago. The JL pieces are just too big. Superman shouldn't be 3inches taller than Joker when the actors are/were the same height.
Where was it "debunked"? Bale should be shorter than Ledger and he is clearly taller next to the smaller size Joker in that pic. Boots will add some to that, but not as much as we see here. I have had other 1/2 pieces from other companies and the 4 BVS pieces I have seem right in line with those.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:03 AM   #36
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Are you talking about the 1/3 scaled JL pieces or the 1/2 scale BVS pieces?

Four of the 1/3 JL pieces may be oversized, but I’m not too sure about the 1/2 scales BVS set.

The Joker statue was about 96cm in height. Knock about 9cm off for the base and multiply by two and you get about 174cm. However I believe Heath Ledger was 185cm in height (and so was Cavill). So once you account for his shoes and that hair I’m wondering how underscaled the 1/2 scale truly is. And that slouch will only account for so much.

Whereas the BVS Superman statue was 104cm. Doing the same as above ((104-9)*2) and you come to 190cm. Minus the soles of his shoes (3cm) and a bit off the top for the hair (1cm) and the Supes is not overscaled by much, if at all.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:09 PM   #37
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Are you talking about the 1/3 scaled JL pieces or the 1/2 scale BVS pieces?

Four of the 1/3 JL pieces may be oversized, but I’m not too sure about the 1/2 scales BVS set.

The Joker statue was about 96cm in height. Knock about 9cm off for the base and multiply by two and you get about 174cm. However I believe Heath Ledger was 185cm in height (and so was Cavill). So once you account for his shoes and that hair I’m wondering how underscaled the 1/2 scale truly is. And that slouch will only account for so much.

Whereas the BVS Superman statue was 104cm. Doing the same as above ((104-9)*2) and you come to 190cm. Minus the soles of his shoes (3cm) and a bit off the top for the hair (1cm) and the Supes is not overscaled by much, if at all.
I believe I have misspoke then. I swore I saw that someone had calculated the Joker to be accurate, but it seems he is a smidge under scaled, but looks like by not much. Mine is still boxed up, undisplayed. I won't decide if I will keep mine until the custom work is done on the head.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #38
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I believe I have misspoke then. I swore I saw that someone had calculated the Joker to be accurate, but it seems he is a smidge under scaled, but looks like by not much. Mine is still boxed up, undisplayed. I won't decide if I will keep mine until the custom work is done on the head.
Actually 5-10cm is quite a bit underscaled. It’s okay if they’re your only 1/2 scales in your collection, but if you have them side by side it can really throw things out.

The Queen Studios’ Aquaman might be as underscaled as Joker unfortunately, but there was no way I wasn’t getting that. Jason Momoa is 193cm (which divided by two is 96.5cm), but the statue without the Trident supposedly only has a height of 98.8cm and if that includes the base, damn.....
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #39
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

It is a big difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jokersize.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	129205  
Old 03-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #40
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Actually 5-10cm is quite a bit underscaled. It’s okay if they’re your only 1/2 scales in your collection, but if you have them side by side it can really throw things out.

The Queen Studios’ Aquaman might be as underscaled as Joker unfortunately, but there was no way I wasn’t getting that. Jason Momoa is 193cm (which divided by two is 96.5cm), but the statue without the Trident supposedly only has a height of 98.8cm and if that includes the base, damn.....
Yea, that's the thing. I have had 1:2 before and always end up selling them off because they just command too much space. I'm not sure if I plan on getting Bale or not. I certainly wouldn't want him to be alone, but there aren't many pieces that would go well with him. I was more thinking of 2 1:2 pieces flanking the tele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It is a big difference.
yep, at least he looks good with Bale imo.