Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-23-2005, 06:19 PM   #11
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Must check this out. Never seen it before.

If you like any type of anime, which this really isn't but I'm just saying, you would enjoy this, if you like Ghost in the Shell and all that. But whatever you do, don't let this affect your judgement on the film, and definitely don't judge the series by the film!

I agree with you Bartman, Charlize looks yummy in that suit. And the new video game which is out now, looks alot like the new film with elements of the show, and plays just like the show, so that should be fun to check out as well.

And C, I wouldn't mind a sculpt of the movie Aeon, but I still prefer the creative masterpiece that was the animated version, and would still like to get one of those if I could!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
And C, I wouldn't mind a sculpt of the movie Aeon, but I still prefer the creative masterpiece that was the animated version, and would still like to get one of those if I could!
I have the original and not only is it a funky scale, but it is super fragile. And not a great sculpt either!

You can still get 'em every now and again on eBaY for around $30.00.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:02 PM   #13
Ghost

Yeah I remember that one, it looked wack but it was the only one out there wasn't it? I'd prefer a new sculpt of that version of the character though!
Old 11-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
If you like any type of anime, which this really isn't but I'm just saying, you would enjoy this, if you like Ghost in the Shell and all that. But whatever you do, don't let this affect your judgement on the film, and definitely don't judge the series by the film!

I agree with you Bartman, Charlize looks yummy in that suit. And the new video game which is out now, looks alot like the new film with elements of the show, and plays just like the show, so that should be fun to check out as well.

G. Is it CGI or Manga?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:19 PM   #15
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
G. Is it CGI or Manga?
If you are talking about the original Aeon Flux it was not CGI. More like traditional animation, maybe with a big anime influence. I think you meant anime instead of manga as manga is the book form.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
If you are talking about the original Aeon Flux it was not CGI. More like traditional animation, maybe with a big anime influence. I think you meant anime instead of manga as manga is the book form.
Sorry yeah anime..So its similar in style to the GiTS Stand Alone Complex??
Old 11-25-2005, 01:55 AM   #17
Ghost

Quote:
G. Is it CGI or Manga?

Like Zurb said it's traditional 2D animation, or more like American Anime" which really is like an oxymoron in itself, but it's very nicely done as far as visually shot. Chung thought alot like shooting a film, and where he could get nice camera angles. It's some really neat stuff. They do look like they're drawn "manga-inspired" but still have their own look. It's definitely worth the pick up. I think we paid $25+tax for the box.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:48 AM   #18
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Yeah i'm thinking of ordering a few items from Amazon.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:14 AM   #19
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Yeah I remember that one, it looked wack but it was the only one out there wasn't it? I'd prefer a new sculpt of that version of the character though!
It was wack, but it was true to the way the cartoon was done. Just the big scale and lack of a base is what I'm really not too nuts about.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote