Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #11
Weapon X
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Pretty much listen to anything from Country to Classical, but my main listening is old skool: Earth, Wind & Fire, Gap Band, BarKays, Prince, Con Funk Shun....the list goes on !
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #12
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1
Everything from Abba to Zappa (Dweezil, that is!)... but NO country outside of Shania Twain, Johnny Cash, or Eddie Rabbitt. I can't stand the new flag-waving, NASCAR watchin' Alan Jackson-type dog****!
True story. A number of years ago my wife and I took a vacation to Jamaica. At the airport in NY they told us that there was some kind of job action taking place on the ground in Jamaica and the guys unloading the plane were going to take a long, long time (longer than their usual laid back pace) unloading our luggage so be prepared to sit at the airport for a while. When we get there we walk over to the luggage area and sure enough you can see the luggage on a cart on the tarmac and it's just sitting there. While standing there waiting who strolls over but Johnny Cash and June Carter. They must have been in First Class because I sure didn't see them on the plane. He's all in black (what else) and standing right next to me. Well my wife starts up a conversation with the two of them and before you know it he's telling us he's got a place somewhere I think in Ochos Rios (it was so long ago I can't be sure). Said if we were in the neighborhood to stop on by!! We got caught up in the vacation and never had the chance to take him up on it. I wish we had. They were very nice people and it was a cool way to start the vacation. Made up for sitting there in the terminal waiting for the luggage.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:32 PM   #13
JetBlackMac
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1
Everything from Abba to Zappa (Dweezil, that is!)
What! No Frank!!!!
Aww man you gotta love Frank he was the man!
Apostrophe by Frank Zappa is a must have CD in any collection IMO, all his stuff is great but Apostrophe is what got me hooked.
Nobody and I mean NOBODY played the guitar like FRANK.
Anyway I'm also a metalhead at heart, but I listen to all things rock.(at least once anyway.)
NO country and NO rap(unless that ANTHRAX ep counts)
I have darn near 2000 CDs.

My favorite band of all time is........
"You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best. The Hottest Band In The World..........KISS!!!!!"
My 1st album ever was Love Gun and I belive I was 5 years old, Ive never quite been the same since.

My favorite new band is Coheed & Cambria.
I highly recomend their newest CD, "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth-3".
Excellent CD, gets a little weird sometimes but I love it.
Also its a concept album which you dont see much anymore, at least good ones.
JetBlackMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:37 PM   #14
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
True story. A number of years ago my wife and I took a vacation to Jamaica. At the airport in NY they told us that there was some kind of job action taking place on the ground in Jamaica and the guys unloading the plane were going to take a long, long time (longer than their usual laid back pace) unloading our luggage so be prepared to sit at the airport for a while. When we get there we walk over to the luggage area and sure enough you can see the luggage on a cart on the tarmac and it's just sitting there. While standing there waiting who strolls over but Johnny Cash and June Carter. They must have been in First Class because I sure didn't see them on the plane. He's all in black (what else) and standing right next to me. Well my wife starts up a conversation with the two of them and before you know it he's telling us he's got a place somewhere I think in Ochos Rios (it was so long ago I can't be sure). Said if we were in the neighborhood to stop on by!! We got caught up in the vacation and never had the chance to take him up on it. I wish we had. They were very nice people and it was a cool way to start the vacation. Made up for sitting there in the terminal waiting for the luggage.
I loved that cover of Rusty Cage, by Soundgarden that Johnny Cash did several years back. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find it anywhere.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #15
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
That's a cool story.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #16
Confessor
The Avengers

I listen to a lot of music in the OR, especially with longer cases (over 90 minutes or so). I listen to a lot of soundtracks (from my favorite films: LOTR [x3], Last of the Mohicans, Braveheart, The Patriot), and a good mix of stuff from Billy Joel, to Crash Test Dummies, to ABBA, to Journey, to (some) Creed, to REM, to classical, to contemporary Christian music. I listen a lot to one CD that has all the James Bond hits frequently.

While I don't do country music (in CD version) much (too much steel guitar gives me a headache)...occasional radio Country music is fine. Of all of that, while I don't do NASCAR, I do like the patriotic flair in Country music lately. What I absolutely REFUSE to listen to is any rap-style "music" and stuff of that sort. I find it obnoxious.
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #17
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171
I loved that cover of Rusty Cage, by Soundgarden that Johnny Cash did several years back. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find it anywhere.
He more recently did a cover of Nine Inch Nail's Hurt which is very cool. I've got that on my Ipod.

As for Rusty Cage, here you go: Rusty Cage

It's also on his Unchained album: Unchained
Old 12-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #18
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

Man, where's the love for Nascar? :tounge:

I listen to all kinds of music, so I'll list what's in the CD player in my truck:

U2 - How to Assemble an Atomic Bomb
Eminem - Encore (not as good as his last album, but there are some great tracks on this one)
The Transplants (A great album by members of Rancid)
Circus of Power (A greatly underated 80's band)
The Hellacopters - Super****ty to the Max
John Mellencamp - Greatest Hits

While we're talking music, I want to say RIP to "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. He was the guitarist that was shot and killed on stage a few nights ago while playing with his new band, Damageplan. Most people know him as one of the founding members of Pantera. He was an awesome guitar player, and anyone that ever met him says he was one of the most down to earth and friendly people that they've met.
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #19
bat_collector
Galactus

Mash-ups

Does anyone know how I can get some mash-ups?

I wnat the nirvana-destiny child, strokes-christina, and the new oasis/green day mash-ups.

Please help! I don't have the internet at home and can't download them.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:42 PM   #20
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

What's a mash up?