Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #1041
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Wow. Really? What about the art direction are you not a fan of because I think XM has been nailing it with the Rising Sun line. Did you see the new Deathstroke?

Batgirl and Ivy go without saying in their beauty and art direction.
Batgirl is ok but it seems too close of a design to Arkham Knight version. Plus her back is exposed and tactically that is a big no no for someone in the bat family.

Ivy and Catwoman look very bored which doesn't fit their personalities IMO, plus I wouldn't want to see females in my collection with bored looks on their faces. I know they have alternate portraits but I'm not a big fan of those either. Also I felt like they missed a big opportunity with Selina's bike to throw in a more exciting anime inspired design. And the geisha look for Ivy doesn't work for me either. There's nothing ugly about them but at the same time I need more in order to invest in a line that doesn't use classic designs.

I did see Deathstroke and maybe it'll look better printed out and painted but I'm not feeling it. And again, I'm not saying these are crap or garbage, I was just hoping for more in order to buy into that line.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #1042
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Batgirl is ok but it seems too close of a design to Arkham Knight version. Plus her back is exposed and tactically that is a big no no for someone in the bat family.

Ivy and Catwoman look very bored which doesn't fit their personalities IMO, plus I wouldn't want to see females in my collection with bored looks on their faces. I know they have alternate portraits but I'm not a big fan of those either. Also I felt like they missed a big opportunity with Selina's bike to throw in a more exciting anime inspired design. And the geisha look for Ivy doesn't work for me either. There's nothing ugly about them but at the same time I need more in order to invest in a line that doesn't use classic designs.

I did see Deathstroke and maybe it'll look better printed out and painted but I'm not feeling it. And again, I'm not saying these are crap or garbage, I was just hoping for more in order to buy into that line.
While I respect your opinion, I disagree with everything in this post.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #1043
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #1044
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I'll probably never collect xm statues, but that batgirl they have coming is my favourite piece I've seen from them. If I was gonna get one xm statue, that would be it. I also like the rest if the line except for maybe the ivy. that batgirl though. Stunning.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #1045
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Where are all the PO'd posts?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #1046
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I want to add another with nearmint... the Rising Sun line is epic (in my opinion)!
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #1047
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Where are all the PO'd posts?
HAHA, I'm going to get it but I don't need to PO. I have zero interest in the exclusive portrait.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #1048
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This entire collection is fun and unique.. has me very curious if they'll extend this style or not...

Much congrats to the SS team for releasing Poison Ivy, lots of respect to teams willing to take creative risks instead of always playing it safe...

V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #1049
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

With all the debate regarding masculinity on this statue I find it ironic that it was posted up the same time as RuPaul, right next to each other even.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ivy SS.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	113683  
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #1050
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
With all the debate regarding masculinity on this statue I find it ironic that it was posted up the same time as RuPaul, right next to each other even.
The RuPaul maquette has a more feminine shape than the Ivy PF does
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote