Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #31
azurepred
Zot

they will prolly make this one open ES until the end of days, but honestly even though quite a few have said they want this including me, I'm not sure ultimately, how many will plop down $1k for it. If there is a open ES, even fewer will.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #32
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The only thing preventing SS from releasing entirely new & original figures in this line is a lack of imagination.

The only reason to re-release Death's General is as a cash grab.

Not that they care, but as an owner of V1.0 I'm another customer they will be losing.

They really need to think seriously about dropping the word "Collectibles" from their company name.
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #33
azurepred
Zot

I don't think anyone on this board should be surprised with this item. We've known this was happening for a year.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #34
Seanrm

who's surprised?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #35
azurepred
Zot

why do you sound so mad if you've known this was happening for a year?
Old 05-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #36
Seanrm

Not really mad....disappointed would be closer to the mark.
I've felt that for a while now.
Just felt like expressing it today.
You know how it goes - we all have days when we feel the need to let off some steam.

I take it for granted that iconic characters will keep reappearing over time under various guises.
But, this was supposed to be a one-off "original" - at least that was how it was advertised and sold back in 2012.
This V2.0 (if the proto photo is real) isn't really a serious attempt at anything new.

Of course, the only people who will be disappointed by this will be the owners of the original 300 (+APs) who took the plunge and splashed the cash 3 years ago.
He was up for order for a long time back then - it actually took quite a while for him to sell out.

Those of us that did support Sideshow early on in this new line have every right to feel more than a little aggrieved.
But, as I mentioned earlier on, I doubt very much that SS cares now about our misguided loyalty.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:43 AM   #37
bdwave
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I believe things are valuable as much as we value them. I don't care if there will be another version of the Reaper around, and I care even less if the same statue I love is owned by 1, 300 or 4,000 people. On the other hand Sideshow should be a little more considered and realize that for some people this is more than a hobby, hence respect a little more the word "collectible" and keep this kinda statues as such.
bdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:45 PM   #38
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Well...we knew this was going to happen crew....albeit it sucks but they are doing it anyway. How about they release some of the other *@#$&#$ characters first though? It seems as though SS has hit a wall with this line...nothing is actually getting released and nothing uniquely new from COTD is up for PO.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #39
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

A bit confused here, this is not the Version2 Reaper I remember from last summer. This is the V1 thats just been placed on a different base, the V2 Reaper is a tad smaller than the original and he's dressed in ultra elaborate GOLD armor with a completely different pose. Least that's how I remember him, maybe this photo is just to show the print. Just wish they'd get on with it and put this and the "Knight Templar of Bone" life size bust up for preorder, at this rate will be seeing these in our collections in 2075.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:37 PM   #40
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

yeah, i wouldnt start to assume that the one u see in the pic is version 2. That has yet to be confirmed and is likely not the case at all
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote