Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #511
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I went ahead and PO Hal last night... The statue alone is great regardless of whatever the base is...
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #512
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

nickelodeon lantern, i imagine they'll change it by SDCC2016. SS had a few to many drinks that night.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:31 PM   #513
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
I went ahead and PO Hal last night... The statue alone is great regardless of whatever the base is...
Ditto, and I'm not even sure what this base is supposed to represent.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #514
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
Ooh apple pie and ice cream sounds so good right now...
Doesn't though...nice hot apple cider too...sometimes I miss living up north...then I remember shoveling snow.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #515
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Ditto, and I'm not even sure what this base is supposed to represent.
A spaceship.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:49 PM   #516
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The base is just another example of SS overthinking things. The slime stairs look ridiculous, but the rest of the piece is perfect
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #517
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Tell you what you go ahead and take a head count and let me know when you have a tally on how many people actually vocally want a color change.
Oh, we're going to play that game? Okay. So, I just went ahead and checked 4 different forums for people who have expressed concerns about the base of this statue. You know, cuz I just happen to have all this free time to check hundreds of discussion pages for situations such as this. And I found that there are exactly, EXACTLY, 73 different people who are not happy with this base. I am sure you will find a similar number when you decide to do your own investigation.

Quote:
And no, just because I'm good with it as is doesn't mean I'm not open to any change. I like apple pie as is too but if you want to add some ice cream I'm good with that too.
Not sure you're proving my point or your own point with this example.

Quote:
But there's a difference between what I see as good change, and unnecessary and/or change for the worse.
Do you have an example of someone actually suggesting a "worse" change for this statue?

Quote:
Since I haven't seen anyone here vocalizing the need for a change actually do a mock up to show what it might look like, here I did it for you

Again, are you trying to prove my point or yours? Because the darker green (while obviously not perfect) is a clear improvement over the Nickelodeon green on the original. Since you seem to have the free time for Photoshop mock ups, care to go ahead and add a translucent effect to that base for good measure?

Quote:
And all it does is make it look even further like he's standing on plastic. It does nothing to change the aesthetic of the statue for the better and like I said, takes away the feel that it's any kind of energy construct.
No matter which green (of the two you posted) they choose it STILL wouldn't look like an energy construct. That slime green isn't better than the dark, but at least a darker shade of green wouldn't look like slime. Capiche?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:26 PM   #518
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Oh, we're going to play that game? Okay. So, I just went ahead and checked 4 different forums for people who have expressed concerns about the base of this statue. You know, cuz I just happen to have all this free time to check hundreds of discussion pages for situations such as this. And I found that there are exactly, EXACTLY, 73 different people who are not happy with this base. I am sure you will find a similar number when you decide to do your own investigation.

Do you have an example of someone actually suggesting a "worse" change for this statue?

Again, are you trying to prove my point or yours? Because the darker green (while obviously not perfect) is a clear improvement over the Nickelodeon green on the original. Since you seem to have the free time for Photoshop mock ups, care to go ahead and add a translucent effect to that base for good measure?

No matter which green (of the two you posted) they choose it STILL wouldn't look like an energy construct. That slime green isn't better than the dark, but at least a darker shade of green wouldn't look like slime. Capiche?
73...yeah vast majority on 4 forums. You made valid point with that.

That was sarcasm.

Everything else you said is subjective to your own opinion. The dark green is only "clearly" better to you and maybe your 73 friends.

Have fun trying to get it changed.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #519
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
73...yeah vast majority on 4 forums. You made valid point with that.
My mistake for thinking that was a realistic number considering there probably isn't even half that many discussing one statue on any given forum. Maybe I should have just over shot it to the exact edition size minus the 5 that are "fine" with the base? That wouldn't be ridiculous, right? Also, who said anything about "vast majority"?

Quote:
That was sarcasm.
Whaaaaaat?!

Quote:
Everything else you said is subjective to your own opinion. The dark green is only "clearly" better to you and maybe your 73 friends.
Again, whaaaaaaaaat?!

Also, I had time to make those 73 fictional people my friends too? Damn I'm good.

Quote:
Have fun trying to get it changed.
I'm having a blast.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #520
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

Damn, that after pic is waaaaay better.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote