Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #771
=N=
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
OK, if there's one of these I'm going to be most critical of, it's this one. Just carefully unpacked everything and all the pieces look great....except the head. I have a curl broken off the back.

Also, do the eyes on mine look a bit wonky? Her left eye looks right at you, but the other one is looking at the wall. I get the perspective of her head being turned, but I can't get a focal point from any angle where both eyes are looking at the same point.

The neck seams aren't too bad on either of the torsos, but the regular "W" torso is a bit loose at the waist. Not a big deal.
Send it back 100% the eyes are wrong its not your imagination, and well the hair :{
Super Chad to the rescue email email email
=N= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #772
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
OK, if there's one of these I'm going to be most critical of, it's this one. Just carefully unpacked everything and all the pieces look great....except the head. I have a curl broken off the back.

Also, do the eyes on mine look a bit wonky? Her left eye looks right at you, but the other one is looking at the wall. I get the perspective of her head being turned, but I can't get a focal point from any angle where both eyes are looking at the same point.
Yup, you got googly eyes.

Also, another forum member was telling me via PMs that he could see tiaras with poorly painted red stars. It's most-noticeable on generalzod's statue.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #773
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by =N= View Post
Send it back 100% the eyes are wrong its not your imagination, and well the hair :{
Super Chad to the rescue email email email
Will do. Wonder if I'll have to return the whole thing? I'll let them know tomorrow.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #774
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

I'll post some pictures tomorrow, but the only thing that I could see that was kind of sloppy was one star on her backside.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:51 PM   #775
desertdragon
Sinister Six

My WW arrived today, I'm really happy to say that she is completely amazing... This is, at least right now, my very favorite rendering of Wonder Woman, and I think is easily the most beautiful piece Tweeterhead has created so far. The sculpt is absolutely gorgeous, and her portrait is just stunning... The paint application on mine (#79 of 250) is absolutley flawless and IMO very well balanced in terns of color and shading. With the change out torsos, the option to display her with sword and / or shield, and the alternate bracers, you have a really wonderful display flexibility with her - and all of it at least on mine is executed brilliantly.

And to address the elephant in the room - The Seam... I know a LOT has been made about this, and a lot of deserved criticism has been leveled at Tweeterhead for designing this piece with the head being removable to accommodate the alternate torsos, with the resultant neck seam being a weak point waiting to happen... and if you get a copy where the head / neck alignment is even a little bit off, you end up with a gap that detracts markedly from the brilliance of the rest of the sculpt.

Having said that, if I had not seen the photos of the infamous neck gap, or read through the mountains of critical comments, I would have otherwise barely noticed it when I was assembled my copy... because here's what I found after having this piece in hand - the neck seam is actually really hard to see... I'm sure it helps that on my copy the head mates to both torsos with a nominal gap - and in that case you have to really go looking for it to have it register that it's actually there. When I was photographing her, I used the same setup I do for almost all my other statue photo sessions, and of all the angles I shot of her, there was only one where you could clearly see the gap - I included an enlargement below so you can see what it looks like on my copy. I'm not trying to make any excuses for Tweeterhead's design decision (pro tip - don't do a naked neck seam), and again, if you get a copy that's even a little bit off, the neck - head gap is probably going to be a lot more noticeable... I will only say that in my case the gap is entirely benign, and does not detract from the otherwise fantastic execution and beauty of this Wonder Woman.

Phew - that was a lot... I'm going to shut up now and just let the photos speak for themselves... I did include a bonus shot of her torso back without the head so you can see how beautifully sculpted her upper back musculature is sculpted, even though it is covered completely by her hear with the head on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 1 sm.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	120381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 2 sm.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	120382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 3 sm.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	120383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 4 sm.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	120384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 5 sm.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	120385  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 6 sm.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	120386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 7 sm.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	120387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 9 sm.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	120388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweeterhead Wonder Woman 4 alt.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	679.1 KB
ID:	120389  
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 PM   #776
Augen
Metal Men

http://www.statueforum.com/attachmen...1&d=1548384663

Stunning. I thought she looked great already, this lighting elevates her even more.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:27 PM   #777
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Amazing photos desertdragon!
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #778
grphyx1
Kingpin

Desert dragon you do not disappoint with your gorgeous photos. Looks tremendous
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:54 AM   #779
jeremydmc
Black Panther

My Wonder Woman arrived today. Will have to take pictures later. Paint job is immaculate. The neck gap is barely noticeable on the regular bodice but is much more pronounced on the ex bodice. I’ll mess with it more tomorrow since I like the ex bodice better. Overall a great statue.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:37 AM   #780
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
These are awesome pics. I think a tall red or gold choker or neck corset could hide the seam.
A turtleneck dickey would probably work best.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote