Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #421
built2shred
Phoenix

Not in a million years would I have thought Cyclops belt buckle looked like the confederate flag, still don't....

Either the poster is trolling or has a very vivid SJW imagination....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #422
newuser1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I don´t try, it´s your imagination.
I agree with potatoe. I see a confederate flag. As a black person that is a serious issue for me that deserves more respect from others as opposed to flippant responses. Also I did business with spec fiction a few times in the past. The response I just read a few posts earlier was disrespectful and I will make sure to not do business with them ever again. I keep forgetting that in America the only time when racism occurs is when a Caucasian defines it as so. Otherwise it is classified as being over emotional or pulling the race card. During my years as a college student at Texas A&M I have had professors talk to me as if I was an idiot or intellectually inferior immediately after talking with my Caucasian counterparts as if they were equals, I have experienced an incident where a police officer pull me over because according to him the word Texas was being blocked by my vanity outline of my license plate from the university even though I was surrounded by several other cars with similar vanity plates doing the same thing. Upon asking for my license the next thing the officer asked me was if I had any weapons in the back of my car and then commence to shine a flashlight in the back of my vehicle. I have countless stories of dealing with racism everyday for many years of my life the worst of which has actually occurred in the past few years (hmm I wonder what could have happened since 2016 that could have increased racial tensions?)
Regardless you can give your opinion about things just realize that some issues are much more sensitive and bigger than statues to where flippant and sarcastic responses may actually cause more harm. Have a good day.
newuser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #423
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser1 View Post
I agree with potatoe. I see a confederate flag. As a black person that is a serious issue for me that deserves more respect from others as opposed to flippant responses. Also I did business with spec fiction a few times in the past. The response I just read a few posts earlier was disrespectful and I will make sure to not do business with them ever again. I keep forgetting that in America the only time when racism occurs is when a Caucasian defines it as so. Otherwise it is classified as being over emotional or pulling the race card. During my years as a college student at Texas A&M I have had professors talk to me as if I was an idiot or intellectually inferior immediately after talking with my Caucasian counterparts as if they were equals, I have experienced an incident where a police officer pull me over because according to him the word Texas was being blocked by my vanity outline of my license plate from the university even though I was surrounded by several other cars with similar vanity plates doing the same thing. Upon asking for my license the next thing the officer asked me was if I had any weapons in the back of my car and then commence to shine a flashlight in the back of my vehicle. I have countless stories of dealing with racism everyday for many years of my life the worst of which has actually occurred in the past few years (hmm I wonder what could have happened since 2016 that could have increased racial tensions?)
Regardless you can give your opinion about things just realize that some issues are much more sensitive and bigger than statues to where flippant and sarcastic responses may actually cause more harm. Have a good day.
You know what looks like the confederate flag? The Confederate flag... I guess everything that has an X on it is now considered the confederate flag? Gimme a break...

I'm guessing we have another troll...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #424
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It does look like the Confederate flag but I can't hold it against the statue I mean the Confederate flag is basically just the a big X if you start thinking about the confederate flag and it's design too much then you will find it everywhere.
Zombiez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #425
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser1 View Post
As a card carrying African American man. You're reaching. Nobody is being oppressed cause others don't see what you see on a statue of a superhero. There are serious issues concerning race and class that should be dealt with in serious forums. You trivialize them by this rant about racism in American over a belt buckle on a fictional superhero that is clearly NOT a confederate flag. Also the audience for (and for that matter designers) of this statue don't solely reside in the US thus aren't aware of the sometime fine points of our civil discord. I have a question. How would you change it? Make the X solid Like it is on numerous examples of this character? Cause that X (rectangle with the wide X)has been on that character in numerous designs on many X-MEN pieces.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #426
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Edit: Quoted wrong guy

Nah. The reason why some of us see it is because it does look similar. The silver lining around the X and the shape of the buckle being more rectangular in design alludes to it...even though it is not intentional.

Never saw it with the original belt buckle design which did not have any silver or white highlights around the X. The buckle itself has more commonly been square and the borders around the buckle were black.

The statue itself looks amazing. That small portion is annoying as F*** for me though. No need to get butthurt because some of us call it out. If it doesn't bother you that is fine. But it bothers some of us
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #427
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

People offended over an X on an X-Men statue. This is really where we're at?
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #428
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
An X for X-Men on a belt is being compared to flags now?

If you're going to compare it to a flag would prefer one would choose Jamaica instead... good times can be had in Jamaica...

Damn, all i see is Usain Bolt.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #429
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

You know whats funny. If I would change one thing about the statue it would be to the more traditional symbol on the belt. Without the silver outline at least. The Confederate Flag never once crossed my mind. But that is after all in the eye of the beholder.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:10 PM   #430
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegalactus View Post
People offended over an X on an X-Men statue. This is really where we're at?
And if you look at my picture from the belt, it´s not an true X in my eyes. It´s more like two arrows from left and right.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote