Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-03-2021, 04:21 PM   #421
Python
Omega Red

Be nice to see how this turns out. It's stupidly expensive. But if it turns out really (REALLY) good, I might be tempted to order one, possibly the museum pose given there are only going to be 100 in total.
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #422
pau123
Sailor Moon

Fingers cross it will be good.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #423
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I for one am not even considering buying this Chap until I can see a couple Youtube videos on the actual production piece. I've already been screwed by Prime 1 already, (like I mentioned before) on buying an Alien statue with a glued on translucent dome once & that's all it takes for me...

If that isn't an issue with this piece & the paint job of course, then I would consider if it's worth the hefty pricetag, because I do like it.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #424
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I for one am not even considering buying this Chap until I can see a couple Youtube videos on the actual production piece. I've already been screwed by Prime 1 already, (like I mentioned before) on buying an Alien statue with a glued on translucent dome once & that's all it takes for me...

If that isn't an issue with this piece & the paint job of course, then I would consider if it's worth the hefty pricetag, because I do like it.
Considering how few pieces of this there are, you may not see too many reviews of it.

I've got this on PO regardless, so I'll be posting pics when I get mine in.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:29 PM   #425
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Considering how few pieces of this there are, you may not see too many reviews of it.

I've got this on PO regardless, so I'll be posting pics when I get mine in.
That's cool, yea place some pictures of it as soon as you get it, so I can make a decision quickly...That is if it's still available of course when that time comes? I'm guessing they'll be at least 2 or 3 videos on it & if it comes out right, the stock will go soon after...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:05 PM   #426
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That's cool, yea place some pictures of it as soon as you get it, so I can make a decision quickly...That is if it's still available of course when that time comes? I'm guessing they'll be at least 2 or 3 videos on it & if it comes out right, the stock will go soon after...
Considering how well the Dog Alien turned out, I've got hope for this piece. Fingers crossed!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #427
Blade3327
Nightwing

Not sure if this was mentioned here before, but Prime 1 responded to a member on Sideshow Freaks stating that this statue can be displayed without the wall, albeit with holes where the wall would slot into. In light of this news, I thought about sculpting some custom pieces to make the base feel more like an organic diorama akin to that of the Jungle Hunter.

Here's a mock-up of a few things one can do with a custom egg and some extra hive gunk. I realize the look of the egg isn't accurate to Giger's, I just used the Prime 1 egg from the Warrior package and did some minor editing to get this done fast.

Here's a comparison of the two statues with a flipped egg position on the Alien (ideally the Alien would face the egg like in the first image, but the tail may get in the way of the egg placement).

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:47 AM   #428
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I see what you're getting at, but when I think of big chap, I think of airlocks, bulkheads, and industrial workings of the nostromo. That's just me though.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:06 AM   #429
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
I see what you're getting at, but when I think of big chap, I think of airlocks, bulkheads, and industrial workings of the nostromo. That's just me though.
I'd have been good with that too. Just not a fan of the "rectangular platform" aesthetic. Having some cables and bulkheads arranged in a more interesting way would've been great.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:14 AM   #430
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Agreed. We've seen this style of base too many times now I think.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote