Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-01-2020, 12:57 AM   #851
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac_31f View Post
imo xm cyclops looks better with the new pf
thanks for the pic bud! and yeah looks like the newer one pairs better with xm cyclops.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:56 AM   #852
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
LOL! Funny how people got irritated that Gem Mint chose SS cyclops over XM.. You all say "in my opinion" but you can't accept Gem Mint's opinion..
Of course, he's going to choose the SS version since they gave it to him for free...

If had chosen XM's odds are he would have never gotten another free statue from SS again
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:08 AM   #853
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
LOL! Funny how people got irritated that Gem Mint chose SS cyclops over XM.. You all say "in my opinion" but you can't accept Gem Mint's opinion..
It's clear Gem Mint lost all credibility as a statue reviewer. I watched that review and it made zero sense.

But please by any means, use it for your Sheepshow agenda!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:43 AM   #854
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Of course, he's going to choose the SS version since they gave it to him for free...

If had chosen XM's odds are he would have never gotten another free statue from SS again
Even if they did give it to him for free (which I doubt, I doubt sideshow is that generous), he also sells the XM version which makes him money. So technically he should push those more.

Quote:
Pretty much if you go with sideshow your a sheep now. If its not absolutely perfect in others opinion, then your opinion is questionable or invalid and are the reason SS makes crappy statues.

I agree with Gem, neither one of them is the perfect Cyclops statue. He stated, "Sideshow has more the comic/animated series look" so that was huge for him.

Both can be mixed with your collection. I couldn't justify the price for XM Cyclops if you could, that's great, it's cool to see how others have things displayed. We all don't have to have identical displays.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #855
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Even if they did give it to him for free (which I doubt, I doubt sideshow is that generous), he also sells the XM version which makes him money. So technically he should push those more.
Only if the XM Cyclops starts going for $2000+ can he make the same profit margin as a free statue from SS, anyways that's what some people are saying in FB groups... is it true? Who knows... but companies do give free stuff to be reviewed by "influencers" all the time if they think it will help their sales... Plus SS has free statue giveaways contests all the time so it wouldn't be that far fetch...

I do wish companies would ditch the diaper look... SS did on their last Wolverine but decided not to with Cyclops...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #856
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Only if the XM Cyclops starts going for $2000+ can he make the same profit margin as a free statue from SS, anyways that's what some people are saying in FB groups... is it true? Who knows... but companies do give free stuff to be reviewed by "influencers" all the time if they think it will help their sales... Plus SS has free statue giveaways contests all the time so it wouldn't that far fetch...

I do wish companies would ditch the diaper look... SS did on their last Wolverine but decided not to with Cyclops...
It wouldn't be far fetched i agree, but all the time i kinda doubt it. Especially when they do there own unboxings to show off the production pieces.

Ya if you did not include the diaper look tho it would piss off another segment of collectors. They didn't like that they did it with Magneto/Wolverine/Superman. I would have been open to the idea tho.

15-20 % will love the statue, 20 % will be on the fence or will wait for discounts, 10-15 % will hate it no matter what, 25-30% will wait for the next one cause it wasn't as accurate/dynamic/hate the sculptor/era they wanted
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:35 PM   #857
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

[QUOTE=moyiori;5866896]Even if they did give it to him for free (which I doubt, I doubt sideshow is that generous), he also sells the XM version which makes him money. So technically he should push those more.

cyclops is sold out in his sale web, so there are no incentives to increase sales that are already sold out
isaac_31f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:40 PM   #858
unique crysis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
It's clear Gem Mint lost all credibility as a statue reviewer. I watched that review and it made zero sense.

How did he lose credibility again? he didn't pick the one you like and all of a sudden his credibility is out the window lol now I do prefer the XM cyclops over sideshow but at the end of the day its just a statue, I know you dislike sideshow and that's ok art is subjective, me personally I like Prime 1 over the big 3 but I don't stay loyal to one company because I don't work for any of them, I dig that your passionate about XM (as you should be ) but why insult people by calling them sheep and so on just because they like something that you don't at the end of the day Gem liking the sideshow cyclops more than XM shouldn't affect you its just his opinion its not like his making you buy the sideshow one, anyways I'm not trying to provoke you and sorry if this comes out wrong or I offend you
unique crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:36 PM   #859
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

These guys on YouTube are great for showing off pieces but their reviews are their own opinions . The only one I enjoy as a neutral reviewer is Bmutha . There are other awesome collectors but it’s these guys creating a brand that gotta go.

These other guys are influencing too many people imo and form cliques. It’s obvious they want to be “ known “ why else do it . Collect for yourself never mind these guys .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #860
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

I love all not just Sideshow.. I collect statues from various companies as long as I like it... Btw I have XM Cyclops.. but I don't bark at those who love the SS version..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote