Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-08-2020, 08:40 AM   #891
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
It's fine, won't be the last cyclops. If you don't mind mixing costume era's i'm sure someone will making one of the era's without. Iron kite studios is doing the Jean in Green/white costume, they'll likely do a companion with young cyclops.
Yep I've followed the iron kite teases but looking at the final products of their Naruto statues...

I dont mind mixing eras.. but I'm nto sure I want to wait another 5 - 9 years for a release from a reputable company. I was toying with the idea of picking up the XM piece and getting him repainted since that version has more positives - pose, build.. HAIR...
But I am not sure what the cost or the lead time involved would be.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #892
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Maybe but SS did ditch the diaper on Wolverine and it's been a pretty big success for SS, XM also ditched the diaper on Magneto (throne one) and it's one of the more popular statues out there…
SS also ditched the pants on Mags's costume for their release. I'd love to know why they did a 180 on their plans to modernise the whole xmen line and just went with a 90's theme. Did those initial figures not sell as well? But at least Jean and Cyck are kinda matchy detail wise. Rogue and Gambit on the other hand.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #893
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #894
fsdre
Mephisto

Has anyone who got this economy shipped thru spec fiction gotten any updates on when this may arrive?
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #895
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdre View Post
Has anyone who got this economy shipped thru spec fiction gotten any updates on when this may arrive?
It usually takes 4-6 weeks more compared to air delivery since it has to take the boat...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:38 AM   #896
gem_mint
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Of course, he's going to choose the SS version since they gave it to him for free...

If had chosen XM's odds are he would have never gotten another free statue from SS again
Is that a fact that they sent me Cyclops for free?

https://i.imgur.com/DmbcIw5.png

You do know I sell XM Statues on my site www.gemmintcollectibles.com right?

Like many have stated, it's my opinion. If you look at the comments section of the SS review, everyone asks which do I like better. Thats why the comparison videos are structured that way. Of course people can choose for themselves. They usually already have. But people wanted to know which one I liked better...so I gave my reasons.
gem_mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:28 PM   #897
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

In my opinion having neither piece nor seen in person but am a certified keyboard commando (see below), the XM version is a better sculpt, paint, and all around better piece. But if your looking for X-Men TV show nostalgia, the SS piece will be firing on all cylinders because it is more accurate to the look, but not with the modern details.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #898
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_mint View Post

Like many have stated, it's my opinion. If you look at the comments section of the SS review, everyone asks which do I like better. Thats why the comparison videos are structured that way. Of course people can choose for themselves. They usually already have. But people wanted to know which one I liked better...so I gave my reasons.
Gem I know in your line of business you PLENTY know this by now.....but don't sweat those people man. Just people who aren't happy unless they have something to be unhappy about.

I said the exact same thing when I saw that.....why the hell would the guy have some sort of bias towards Sideshow when he sells XM himself? If anything, it would be the other way around. It's all just typical internet message board BS. Exhausting.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #899
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_mint View Post

My statement was mostly made in jest as I agree with most of what you said about the XM Piece especially it's mid section looking weird with the non-screaming torso but the rumor of the free statue started on some FB's groups and even in the Sideshow section on this forum, I just ran with it my apologies if it wasn't true...

IMO a reviewer should just give the pros and cons and let the viewer make their own choice, if your going to name winners and losers on your video then your not giving an objective review but a bias one based on your own personal feelings and will probably lose subscribers in the long run, well at least those who don't agree with you... I mean look when you set everything up as a Street Fighter Match, what did you expect would happen

Most collectors don't want to be told if this statue or that statue sucks they just want to know the facts, is the paint flawed, does it have googly eyes, is it undersized or oversized for it's scale, is the mix media made of crappy materials, does it look good with other statues in the same line, does it look weird from certain angels, etc..etc..

Of course if your only doing these videos for fun and don't care about how many subscribers you have then F what I just said and keep having fun... just don't be surprised when collectors who dont' agree with you rip on your reviews...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:52 PM   #900
gem_mint
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
My statement was mostly made in jest as I agree with most of what you said about the XM Piece especially it's mid section looking weird with the non-screaming torso but the rumor of the free statue started on some FB's groups and even in the Sideshow section on this forum, I just ran with it my apologies if it wasn't true...

IMO a reviewer should just give the pros and cons and let the viewer make their own choice, if your going to name winners and losers on your video then your not giving an objective review but a bias one based on your own personal feelings and will probably lose subscribers in the long run, well at least those who don't agree with you... I mean look when you set everything up as a Street Fighter Match, what did you expect would happen

Most collectors don't want to be told if this statue or that statue sucks they just want to know the facts, is the paint flawed, does it have googly eyes, is it undersized or oversized for it's scale, is the mix media made of crappy materials, does it look good with other statues in the same line, does it look weird from certain angels, etc..etc..

Of course if your only doing these videos for fun and don't care about how many subscribers you have then F what I just said and keep having fun... just don't be surprised when collectors who dont' agree with you rip on your reviews...
I’ve done individual reviews on the XM and SS piece. Both of those reviews do exactly what you said. Pointed out the good and bad and let the viewers decide.The only time I declared a winner was on a separate comparison vid. That wasn’t a review.

I don’t care if people don’t agree or rip on my reviews. That comes with the territory. I just stepped in when you made up a blatant lie about me.

But I appreciate you apologizing for that... it just simply wasn’t true.

Peace
gem_mint is offline   Reply With Quote