Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #441
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Emailed SS and they told me to send pictures and a video. I did and they got back to me and gave me $75 for the inconvenience. I came out winning I think. I was never gonna display it with the lights anyway. I only turned them on those few times to see how it looks. Anyway, I’m happy.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #442
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Received my Alita. SS sent me an obvious return, shipped in a plain brown box without P1 shipper. It's going back to them. It's deceptive to not warn the buyer that they're getting somebody's buyer's remorse at full price. This doesn't even happen with action figures, but you've gotta put up with it for $1k statues. No thanks. Looking to buy direct from now on, or some other retailer.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 05:27 PM   #443
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Received my Alita. SS sent me an obvious return, shipped in a plain brown box without P1 shipper. It's going back to them. It's deceptive to not warn the buyer that they're getting somebody's buyer's remorse at full price. This doesn't even happen with action figures, but you've gotta put up with it for $1k statues. No thanks. Looking to buy direct from now on, or some other retailer.
Yeah they pulled that with my B/G Batman Hush & AO Batman. I asked them about the brown shipper for Hush. Apparently you aren't guaranteed a legit brown shipper if they choose your numbered piece and the box looks a mess. It's even mentioned in their TOS. I don't know if yours was a buyers remorse return but my Hush was sealed however the cape came damaged... It does seem to happen more with low stock and almost sold out for reference. Sucks it happened though.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #444
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I jumped on the waitlist for both the standard and the deluxe. But I would most likely pass as I am concerned that SS would source returns for the waitlist. I find it quite odd that Sideshow keeps the waitlist open for many items well past selling out.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:17 PM   #445
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Sideshow makes every effort to ensure all items we ship are delivered as safely and efficiently as possible. We stand behind our products and service. Distressed items are sometimes offered via charity auctions, but products sold and shipped direct by Sideshow are shipped as received from the manufacturer.
And sometimes from the customer.

Quote:
All collectibles undergo a rigorous quality inspection process prior to arriving at our facility. In addition, for quality assurance purposes some collectibles are also opened and inspected by our on-site quality control team.
Ah, the old PCS style "QC". I trust low paid, untrained stateside warehouse brutes to move heavy boxes around, but not to do QC as well as the factory workers in China who work on statues as a career.

Quote:
Regarding the brown shipper box, please know that we use many different types of shipping cartons to process and send out purchases. Per our terms of service, these brown boxes are not part of the collectible and only meant to protect the item during shipping. As such, we cannot guarantee the style of brown carton that you will receive.
I love how they downplay the manufacturer's brown shipper's importance in preserving the chain of custody from manufacturer->distributor(SS)->collector, to justify their TOS of sneaking in returns as new stock rather than B-stock, which they're too timid(greedy) to label as such. Of course, it's their store, their rules, but keep that in mind next time get excited about your WL converting.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #446
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Can’t wait to see the details on this piece. It’s gonna decide what I get next.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:13 PM   #447
bytor33
Frackin!

I received my Alita today and saw there was a small chip or missing paint on her cheek. I’m new to all of this and this is my first statue so not sure if this is considered bad and worth contacting Prime 1 about? It shows up more in certain angles. Here’s a pic, thanks for any guidance.

https://ibb.co/Hdc0j5t
bytor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:36 PM   #448
Asgard
Deadman

I would just write to Prime 1 and attach photos.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM   #449
bytor33
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I would just write to Prime 1 and attach photos.
Thanks, I've been emailing them and it's been increasingly frustrating. They've suggested using a razor/alcohol to try to remove these blemishes which didn't work and just made it look worse. And now to get a replacement I have to send the head to Japan at my expense. Has this been anyone else's experience with Prime 1? This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth for my first statue, maybe this hobby just isn't for me if this is the norm.
bytor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:51 PM   #450
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor33 View Post
Thanks, I've been emailing them and it's been increasingly frustrating. They've suggested using a razor/alcohol to try to remove these blemishes which didn't work and just made it look worse. And now to get a replacement I have to send the head to Japan at my expense. Has this been anyone else's experience with Prime 1? This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth for my first statue, maybe this hobby just isn't for me if this is the norm.
Honestly if you are going to worry over such a small imperfection then no, this hobby is probably not for you. None of these pieces are perfect and unless it's a worse issue than that they probably will not try very hard to help.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote