Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-08-2021, 07:04 PM   #201
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
The only way anyone is going to get that is if they make a Scarlet Witch in the Avengers Assemble line.
Get what? A classic Scarlet Witch? They have done her as a comiquette and premium format already. Why would it only be in the Avengers Assemble line?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:13 PM   #202
Peedi
The Secret Six

If you look at Sideshow.com, go to Shop and narrow down to just Marvel Premium Format or Maquette, the majority of statues they currently have in stock are close to comic accurate. Dr. Strange, Rogue, Juggernaut, brown Wolverine, Miles, Gambit, Cable, Jean, Spider-Man, etc...most of the X-Men’s costumes have a basis in a comic costume except X-23.

If we look at specifically the last several Avengers or related PFs, there isn’t much, but Thor and Taskmaster are pretty comic accurate, whereas Captain America and Black Widow were purely figments of Sideshow’s imagination. Gladiator Hulk is somewhere in between.

So it’s actually hard to pinpoint what this Scarlet Witch could be wearing. It’s easier to predict X-Men 1/4s but not so much for Avengers.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:16 PM   #203
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If you look at Sideshow.com, go to Shop and narrow down to just Marvel Premium Format or Maquette, the majority of statues they currently have in stock are close to comic accurate. Dr. Strange, Rogue, Juggernaut, brown Wolverine, Miles, Gambit, Cable, Jean, Spider-Man, etc...most of the X-Men’s costumes have a basis in a comic costume except X-23.

If we look at specifically the last several Avengers or related PFs, there isn’t much, but Thor and Taskmaster are pretty comic accurate, whereas Captain America and Black Widow were purely figments of Sideshow’s imagination. Gladiator Hulk is somewhere in between.

So it’s actually hard to pinpoint what this Scarlet Witch could be wearing. It’s easier to predict X-Men 1/4s but not so much for Avengers.
Exactly, we all know Sideshow likes to be random and they don't always go with what is or could be popular.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:16 PM   #204
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Get what? A classic Scarlet Witch? They have done her as a comiquette and premium format already. Why would it only be in the Avengers Assemble line?
I could be wrong but I think what he’s referring to is that the Avengers Assemble line has mainly been costumes inspired by the classic looks. Under that logic we’d be more likely to see a classic Scarlet Witch there than a PF. Sounds reasonable, but also, applying logic to Sideshow isn’t reasonable in itself. Lol.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:17 PM   #205
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Exactly, we all know Sideshow likes to be random and they don't always go with what is or could be popular.
Exactly. Lol.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:48 PM   #206
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I could be wrong but I think what he’s referring to is that the Avengers Assemble line has mainly been costumes inspired by the classic looks. Under that logic we’d be more likely to see a classic Scarlet Witch there than a PF. Sounds reasonable, but also, applying logic to Sideshow isn’t reasonable in itself. Lol.
Yeah that doesn't mean anything. Sideshow still uses all the Jim Lee costumes on the X-line and he hasn't illustrated them since 1992. It would make sense to put the modern design on the PF and the classic in the Avengers Assemble line. But Sideshow decisions rarely make sense.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:46 PM   #207
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I like what XM did with their piece.

If Sideshow can get the face right and keep the classic costume this could be a winner.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:48 PM   #208
nearmint
Phoenix

Funko nailed it.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:05 PM   #209
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Yeah that doesn't mean anything. Sideshow still uses all the Jim Lee costumes on the X-line and he hasn't illustrated them since 1992. It would make sense to put the modern design on the PF and the classic in the Avengers Assemble line. But Sideshow decisions rarely make sense.
Geez, that really puts it into perspective. I’ve heard that the Jim Lee X-Men fandom is almost cult-like. I have no idea if that’s true, but apparently it’s true for SS since they keep on with his costumes lol.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:06 PM   #210
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Funko nailed it.

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote