Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-28-2021, 02:33 PM   #451
ukshaun
Hercules

The vaccines make no sense. Have a vaccine and you still have to wear a mask, and you still have to keep to 2 meter distancing. It seems if you have had a vaccine, you can still catch catch Covid and pass it on?

All the current vaccine(s) do is lessen the effects should you catch Covid. With each new strain of Covid, new vaccines are required.
One area that worries me is, having multiple vaccines can't be good.

For the moment i am sticking to vitamin D3 everyday, and will let my own body defenses tackle Covid should i catch it
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:43 PM   #452
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The vaccines make no sense. Have a vaccine and you still have to wear a mask, and you still have to keep to 2 meter distancing. It seems if you have had a vaccine, you can still catch catch Covid and pass it on?
As Demona said, the vaccines are not eradicating the disease- they're simply lessening odds of having a more severe reaction.

They won't put us completely back to life pre-covid. At the best it sounds like we'll be living as if it's flu season 365 days a year now.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #453
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
As Demona said, the vaccines are not eradicating the disease- they're simply lessening odds of having a more severe reaction.

They won't put us completely back to life pre-covid. At the best it sounds like we'll be living as if it's flu season 365 days a year now.
Then there's the big unknown. What will be the effects (if any) of a vaccine causing problems further down the line?

As far as i am aware, at least three Covid vaccines have been pulled. I think there are possibly two in circulation, and one of those has been blamed for deaths in Europe. It paints a picture of products being rushed to market. If the Covid continues to mutate, the end is a long way off. The end of Covid probably isn't going to happen.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:25 PM   #454
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Then there's the big unknown. What will be the effects (if any) of a vaccine causing problems further down the line?

As far as i am aware, at least three Covid vaccines have been pulled. I think there are possibly two in circulation, and one of those has been blamed for deaths in Europe. It paints a picture of products being rushed to market. If the Covid continues to mutate, the end is a long way off. The end of Covid probably isn't going to happen.
Astra Zeneca had been pulled in several European countries because its been causing blood clotting. But they are still giving it here in Italy.

My long term concern with a number of the vaccines is developing auto immune issues down the road. Labs were working on COVID family vaccines for years, and could never come to market because they weren’t safe. You think putting something in your body that has to be kept at the temperature of the surface of Mars poses no long term health risks? (Not ‘you’ personally)

And still no end in sight even with these vaccines to masks/social distancing etc.

Were Saberhagen’s posts scrubbed calling anyone that stated Covid is a lab release “Conspiracy Nuts?” Those deserved to be memorialized.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #455
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

No that’s not right, the EU medical regulator concluded the vaccine was safe and effective and not associated with a higher risk of blood clots. Most countries who suspended use have now resumed distribution.

I don’t think this thread is the right place to be discussing the vaccines - we should keep discussion to the statue!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:15 PM   #456
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Even though it is an thought-provoking discussion about Covid and everyone has been very respectful towards each other I do agree we probably should get back to discussing the main topic of the statue the scarlet witch and whether we’d like or do not like this new statue
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:33 PM   #457
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
No that’s not right, the EU medical regulator concluded the vaccine was safe and effective and not associated with a higher risk of blood clots. Most countries who suspended use have now resumed distribution.

I don’t think this thread is the right place to be discussing the vaccines - we should keep discussion to the statue!
If the word "vaccine" bothers you, replace it with "miracle" since that is what many governments on this planet are apparently waiting for: a miracle. And I see no reason not to talk about Covid, as it significantly affects the production and delivery of our beloved statues.

And speaking about statues, here is still my favorite Scarlet Witch

There is nothing I dislike: the portrait, the suit, the mineral base, the pose - ok, not very demonstrative, but at least she doesn’t look like a tango dancer juggling with huge whipped cream castanets.
If she was at 1/4 scale, I would have been in trouble.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:36 PM   #458
Agent Jeffries
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Location: We live inside a dream, above an convenience store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
If the word "vaccine" bothers you, replace it with "miracle" since that is what many governments on this planet are apparently waiting for: a miracle. And I see no reason not to talk about Covid, as it significantly affects the production and delivery of our beloved statues.

And speaking about statues, here is still my favorite Scarlet Witch

There is nothing I dislike: the portrait, the suit, the mineral base, the pose - ok, not very demonstrative, but at least she doesn’t look like a tango dancer juggling with huge whipped cream castanets.
If she was at 1/4 scale, I would have been in trouble.
Yeah, she's a winner!
Agent Jeffries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:38 PM   #459
nearmint
Phoenix

In January, we had over 500 patients in ICUs in Orange County. Yesterday, there were 28. I call that progress.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:52 PM   #460
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Jeffries View Post
Yeah, she's a winner!
Koto is always solid! Smaller scale but won't knock them. Their Bishoujo line has been going strong for years and I've never seen a paint hiccup even once. Tight ship.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote