Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2018, 11:35 PM   #1701
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
He was there on the first night and said it broke then, See his new video.. Not a good sign lol
lol, glad i'm not buying it, unfortunate indeed.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #1702
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
He was there on the first night and said it broke then, See his new video Gem Mint Collectibles LIVE! Episode 36: New York Comic Con 2018!..around 33:40 Not a good sign lol
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #1703
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
He was there on the first night and said it broke then, See his new video Gem Mint Collectibles LIVE! Episode 36: New York Comic Con 2018!..around 33:40 Not a good sign lol

I'm curious if it broke due to bad engineering or did someone drop it or something?

I do find it really funny that someone asked Seng from XM about not having display cases over their statues and wasn't he worried if someone might break it by bumping into it and he said "meh will just make another one"
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:42 AM   #1704
darren1228
Zot

Maquette engineering my ass....
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:59 AM   #1705
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:03 AM   #1706
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Saddens me abit that harbottle (my favorite sculptor) did rogue my #2 favorite marvel character and magneto my favorite marvel villain and i won't be buying any of them...I'm hoping these 2 characters are revisited soon as premium formats. I'd love to see an avengers costumed rogue.

I must say He's been my favorite since the others I like is never sculpting anything much anymore. Will's work is as good as it can get. I must say I'm a bit surprised and disappointed with those two as well. The others he did in mind blowing cool and you can see by the replies to all his superior artwork. I will probably say it's probably the art direction they made him go with by sideshow corporate leaders. They probably gave him all the art, poses, and details to sculpt exactly as they asked him to do. One thing about Harbottle is his work is so good, I would pay more for it unlike most others. That's how good his work really is.
So if it broke at the con, then maybe it's time to call this a pf? Time to drop the price down a little?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:41 AM   #1707
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Maquette engineering my ass....

Well in SSC's defense, ...when I spoke to Mike (SSC Project Manager) at the SSC booth at SDCC2018 ...he said how they had Rogue supported with the prototype is not the final engineered solution. They were still working on the best way to support Rogue for the production piece.

So the fact that the Rogue prototype broke at NYCC18 shouldn't be an indicator of how the final production piece will be. It should however stress to SSC how important that they get the engineering right for the production piece. I just hope they are paying attention.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:42 AM   #1708
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I must say He's been my favorite since the others I like is never sculpting anything much anymore. Will's work is as good as it can get. I must say I'm a bit surprised and disappointed with those two as well. The others he did in mind blowing cool and you can see by the replies to all his superior artwork. I will probably say it's probably the art direction they made him go with by sideshow corporate leaders. They probably gave him all the art, poses, and details to sculpt exactly as they asked him to do. One thing about Harbottle is his work is so good, I would pay more for it unlike most others. That's how good his work really is.
So if it broke at the con, then maybe it's time to call this a pf? Time to drop the price down a little?

Now i'm just looking forward to juggernaut, based on the renders looks it won't disappoint at the very least
Old 10-07-2018, 01:44 AM   #1709
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Well in SSC's defense, ...when I spoke to Mike (SSC Project Manager) at the SSC booth at SDCC2018 ...he said how they had Rogue supported with the prototype is not the final engineered solution. They were still working on the best way to support Rogue for the production piece.

So the fact that the Rogue prototype broke at NYCC18 shouldn't be an indicator of how the final production piece will be. It should however stress to SSC how important that they get the engineering right for the production piece. I just hope they are paying attention.
So theyre still working on support but ran out of time on the second portrait.smh
Old 10-07-2018, 02:18 AM   #1710
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
So theyre still working on support but ran out of time on the second portrait.smh

I don't work at SideShow ...but I would assume their process is similar to any design company. They have different phases that have different milestones. Each milestone has to be met in order to meet the final deadline. Some of these phases are sequential and a few can be worked on in parallel. Perhaps the Marvel approval phase is right after the design/sculpt phase, so they really needed to meet that milestone.

So I can see them running out of time during the design/sculpt phase of the process. So they had to just use the same face, but a different hair style. The production phase could be a few stages after the design/sculpt phase ...and it could be where they were during SDCC18. And perhaps its during the production phase that they determine the support structure for the statue.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote