Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 05-24-2016, 04:42 PM   #31
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Totally agree that the base doesn't match the quality of the magnificent statue but the statue is the main focal point so that's what really matters.

Sucks that your AR doesn't work. Hope you get that resolved.
Maria at DarkSide is really fast to respond, unfortunately can't say the same for IA.
Took over two weeks to receive a message saying they will pass my issue to their office and nothing since, I thought SS were slow.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #32
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Totally agree that the base doesn't match the quality of the magnificent statue but the statue is the main focal point so that's what really matters.

Sucks that your AR doesn't work. Hope you get that resolved.
Maria at DarkSide is really fast to respond, unfortunately can't say the same for IA.
Took over two weeks to receive a message saying they will pass my issue to their office and nothing since, I thought SS were slow.
Do you notice the eyes on your statue being dimmer than the hands and chest?
Brent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #33
dfchang
The Riddler

Brent my eyes are significantly dimmer than the rest of the body. In dark the eyes are okay but any ambient light and forget about it. I actually had IA ship me another head and it was the same. Also discussed with another Mark 7 owner in Singapore and same thing. In fact he showed me two pictures in different lighting and one had okay eyes and the other very dim eyes. Both same piece. So don't worry bro I have gone through ALL the angst for you, eyes are just that way. Which is a weird decision/design to have it so much dimmer but rest of the piece is spectacular.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:24 PM   #34
Collectorcol

Can't say I noticed the eyes being that much dimmer.
With the eyes being much smaller than the AR you're not going to get the light as bright as the AR anyway?...

How did you get a replacement head df? I'm struggling to get any contact going with IA.
Do you have a better contact than their 'sale' email address?
Also sent them a PM on here weeks ago and nothing
Old 05-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #35
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Brent my eyes are significantly dimmer than the rest of the body. In dark the eyes are okay but any ambient light and forget about it. I actually had IA ship me another head and it was the same. Also discussed with another Mark 7 owner in Singapore and same thing. In fact he showed me two pictures in different lighting and one had okay eyes and the other very dim eyes. Both same piece. So don't worry bro I have gone through ALL the angst for you, eyes are just that way. Which is a weird decision/design to have it so much dimmer but rest of the piece is spectacular.

Thanks for the response, man. I'm going to have Shane at Secret Compass where I ordered mine from talk to his distributor and ask about a replacement head just to see if it makes any difference. It probably will turn out exactly like what happened with yours, but it doesn't hurt to at least try a different head. Like you said its a very strange decision if the eyes are actually supposed to be that dim, especially since my Mark 17 has bright lights all around. The lights will be off 99% of the time so it's not really that big of a deal as I love the look of this piece over every other 1:2 Iron Man out there, but I just wish those damn eyes were just a little brighter.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #36
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Got mine yesterday, beast of a box and very heavy!
Statue is awesome overall, paint finish is excellent (it makes the mk3 from sideshow look very flat!) very happy with it overall. Base is probably my only criticism as it looks a tad plasticky and I was never a huge fan of the sewer cover but tbh you don't really look at that such is the impact of the statue itself.
Another thing to note which was not obvious from the pics is that two sets of the aero flaps are provided so you can chose to have them open or closed, which is cool.
Mine does have an issue though as the arc reactor on the chest won't light up (the rest light up fine) dark side were quick to respond to my email which was a good sign and they are going to contact imaginarium so got to wait on their response.

I can't comment on the chest light, but the rest of the lights aren't the brightest imo. The sideshow mk3 is like a light cannon in comparison. Like you though I'm not massively bothered as 99% of the time whilst on display the lights will be off.
I agree with you 100% about this statue making the paint on the SS Mark III look flat. In fact, now that I have the IA Mark 7 and Mark 17 statues I'm thinking about selling my SS statue as it just doesn't fit in with these IA masterpieces.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:32 PM   #37
dfchang
The Riddler

Quote:
Can't say I noticed the eyes being that much dimmer.
With the eyes being much smaller than the AR you're not going to get the light as bright as the AR anyway?...

How did you get a replacement head df? I'm struggling to get any contact going with IA.
Do you have a better contact than their 'sale' email address?
Also sent them a PM on here weeks ago and nothing
Sales email but it takes awhile. Yeah mine looks like that in dark room but in a well lit room you can see difference for sure. It's lighting.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #38
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

got a response from dark side already! they said imaginarium will send a replacement torso in the next batch they send to them. Great news! and colour me impressed with both darkside toys and imaginarium

here's a quick pic of mine, sorry for the horrible quality just took a quick one with the phone.

El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:21 AM   #39
Collectorcol

Makes your SS piece look rather boring in comparison.

You've done well getting it resolved so quick.

I reported my issue nearly three weeks ago. Contact with Maria has been fantastic, can't fault DarkSide, but IA are not responding to her emails.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #40
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Makes your SS piece look rather boring in comparison.

You've done well getting it resolved so quick.

I reported my issue nearly three weeks ago. Contact with Maria has been fantastic, can't fault DarkSide, but IA are not responding to her emails.
It really does. Also makes me question if IA is too large or SS is too small. Which one is truly 1:2 scale?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote