Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #61
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Regarding eBay, you have to remember they sell all sorts of things on there - not just your second hand items. Shops use eBay at their new items market place, therefore, they will be taxed.

I don't get the uproar. If you were shopping in a brick and mortar store, you'd get taxed. Just because we can sit our asses on the couch and sell/buy things should be no different.

For example -- If you went to a consignment shop and put your statues in there, they would be taxed upon purchase AND you'd give a percentage to the consignment shop. eBay is your electronic consignment shop.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #62
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
I'm sure many (obviously not all) people would trade tax rates with you if they could also get the services you receive that we don't get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
LMFAOOOOOO!!! Yeah bub, You go ahead and make that trade but don't speak for the rest of us

Obviously reading and reading comprehension aren't in your skill set.

bub
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:32 AM   #63
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Nah, just statues and the occasional omnibus. He’s not college material anyway. Welding school, better choice.
Damn straight it is. I'm a college grad, but I loved school and happy I went. Forcing kids to get a 4 year degree they neither want nor will use is ridiculous. Trade school is amazing and plumbers, welders, electricians, etc are NOT hurting for cash by any means.

I hope your son likes welding and is great at it. He will be much happier in life if those things are the case.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:30 AM   #64
morty76
Justice League

When did Sideshow Collectibles begin charging sales tax outside CA?
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #65
Demona
Martian Manhunter

When the law went into effect nationwide is my guess. Lots of companies tried to avoid it, but now they can't.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #66
chronos1919
Nightwing

It was an eventuality. Happy I live in a state with no sales tax.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #67
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
When the law went into effect nationwide is my guess. Lots of companies tried to avoid it, but now they can't.
I thought it was just a Supreme Court ruling that said states could require online companies to collect tax. So wouldn't the sideshow tax have varied by state?
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #68
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Remember Sideshow and other companies are being forced to collect the taxes you should have already been paying. Meaning when you bought the statue technically you should then submit the proper tax to your state/ locality etc. You always owed the tax it's just you never paid it. At least that's how it was in PA. They like to remind people (more as a joke) that if you cross the border to buy a TV in Delaware you still owe PA tax. They no there is no chance the state will see a dime but it is a thing. I live in Delaware now so thankfully this doesn't impact me. But I do understand with rising shipping ( visit the P1 section), tax and just plain old rising prices we all have to make smarter choices. I'm already thinking of cancelling 2 statues that are well regarded just to save some extra cash.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 PM   #69
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Damn straight it is. I'm a college grad, but I loved school and happy I went. Forcing kids to get a 4 year degree they neither want nor will use is ridiculous. Trade school is amazing and plumbers, welders, electricians, etc are NOT hurting for cash by any means.

I hope your son likes welding and is great at it. He will be much happier in life if those things are the case.
I hope he's great at it too.....and moves far away
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:44 PM   #70
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Ouch - 9.75% tax for me. I guess I’m grateful for the five and a half years I was able to purchase statues tax-free (I bought 67 in that time period). These non-value-added costs just suck a lot of the joy out of this hobby.
Nevada is 8.75 but it's just too much now. Higher prices, shipping and tax. I used to Ebay A LOT and when they went with taxes I stopped.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote